Tweet

Pages

Migraines

I should be blogging about Hanoi, team building, annual dinner, random outings, but instead, I will write crap today. Because I haven't downloaded the photos. My camera now stores photos from April till now, proven I dont take much photos or it means my SD card storage is sibeh big.

Today I woke up with a headache. I've headaches every other day since yearssss ago and it's really frustrating. I consider myself to have quite a high pain tolerance because I can still function fine and eat well despite having the kind of headache that will drive other people crazy so when I say my headache is bad then IT IS REALLY BLOODY FUCKING PAINFUL. It's making me really stressed out about this whole headache thing and I was even admitted once, did a CT scan (I think) before but thank God they found nothing suspicious inside. I secretly hope they find something (benign wan la of course) and take it out once and for all wtf.

After much visits to different clinics, I can confirm that it's in fact migraine (according to 3 different doctors) based on the symptoms:

1. Throbbing pain on only one side of the head
2. Nausea and Vomitting
3. Loss of sleep due to throbbing pain
4. Sleepiness (cannot decide if this is one of the symptom or just me being lazy)
5. happen every other day without any reason
6. Craving for sweet/salty food

Yah. They even asked me to clench my fist and check my eyesight to make sure its not too serious.

The doctors told me there's no cure, only migraine relief measures and taking painkillers when it happens. I didn't quite believe so I googled it.



and the result



the website is even called headacheeveryday.com wtf.

So according to it, there is really no cure. Sigh.

Doctors prescribed me different types of migraine painkiller but none works. There's only 1 thing that can do the job: PANADOL EXTRA. Trust me if you have migraine like me, take the PANADOL EXTRA. 2 biji only within half an hour you will be up and running.

Yah unfortunately I can't work from home and sleep whenever I have migraine like last time. Nowadays I have to get my ass to work even with the throbbing pain and drink lots of water hoping it would go away before noon so I can continue work..rajin maksimum.

Anyway today I have a sudden realization wtf. When I wake up this morning I find myself clenching my teeth until my gum hurts. And then I realize that every morning I wake up to myself clenching my teeth. I googled it! And it's true! Clenching teeth might be one of the reason causing migraine! Plus my mum always say my sleeping position very weird like misplacing my head and neck and bingo! Also listed as one of the migraine cause. Okay so from now on, I'll try not to clench my teeth (dont know how to do that since I can't control myself when I'm asleep wtf) and sleep straight on my back.

Secara kesimpulannya, panadol extra does the work. Give it a try if you find other painkillers not giving you the relief.

5 comments:

yalo.. for me too.. eat panadol is the only way to relieve headaches..

i tend to get headaches when the weather is too humid... like the temp's really hot but there's too many clouds... or when i go from a really hot place to a really cold place (aircon)

I'm a very bad sleeper but thank goodness I don't get major migrane. I do get occasional slight head throbs tho.
Before I sleep, I try to make it a point to tell myself to sleep in 1 position and not move about too much. It helps. You can try that.
Also, I try not to drink too much water nor eat 'heaty' stuff or get your mind too excited from watching movies too close to bedtime. I find it gives me lots of random dreams which cause bad position during sleep.

I had the same migraines problem when I was at Singapore too. It took years even until the last day there. Then, I took my friend advice to invest in good pillow like TEMPUR. It costs bomb that i almost tear when I paid at the cashier...but it cured my migraine problem. Not sure if it really works or it is just psycho thing....:) u may try it ...BUY WHEN IT IS ON SALE ONLY!

Xweing: Yah that happens to me too! Drink more water. That helps a lottt! Sometimes I just keep drinking and drinking coz everytime I pee I feel like I flush out all the heat.

Bad Sleeper: I watched Pretty Little Liars before I sleep yesterday and omg I slept at 2am and woke up twice the whole night and I'm between the fully asleep and fully awake condition and it's horrible. needless to say I have headache this mroning too =( how lah like that =( why u so lucky bad sleeper still don get migraine.

Indah: Really? I'm willing to pay to get rid of the migraine. I shall google that up. Thanks for the suggestion!!

You may try check your spinal cord. Some people's migraines got healed after going through spinal cord correction. Of course you must get the right doctor/physician/chiropractor/massage sifu

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More