Tweet

Pages

Once Upon A Time.

One Sunday night, I WhatsApp-ed Step around 10pm then went to bed. He went to this wedding dinner alone not knowing anyone else but turns out my long time bestest friend was seated at the same table. Step was like "I know you" to Dave not knowing Dave doesn't know who the hell he is wtf. What a coincidence.

No. This whole "the world is so small" story is not what I wanted to tell you.

Around 1am, my phone rang. My phone hardly rings past midnight and the few times it did was from office.

I got out of bed groggily cursing whoever that is but it stopped right before I got hold of it. Without looking at who called I climbed back to bed. Then there is that WhatsApp new message tone. Hmm...office helpdesk would never WhatsApp me so I'm curious.

"Joan, are you there".

One of Step's best friend in KL texted me. This is the first time he text me since I knew him 2 years back. He called me from KL at 1am then texted me? This must be something urgent.

"U know where is Step?"
"In KL kua. Why?" My reply wtf.

Turns out, he's supposed to meet up with 2 of his friends after the wedding dinner at 11 something but did not show up. It's very rare he never show up for drinking dates. That 2 friends have called this friend and all of them called Step and texted him but no reply. It's already been 2 hours and yet still no news from Step. So they called me to check if I know anything.

"You're making me worry. His last msg to me is 10.50pm (which I didn't even read coz I already slept. Plus that last msg is an image of his beer and liquor and he said Dave is making him drink wtf). "

"Okay. FK (one of this 2 friends he's supposed to meet up) is going over to his house to check on him. We'll let you know."

His friend then dragged her brother together and drove over to Step house.

Wow. I've never been more awake my entire life (at 1am I mean). I kept calling him but there was no response. He NEVER once not pick up my call or not call me back since I knew him so this is some serious shit. I was so desperate I texted Dave and asked him because he could possibly be the last person to see him.

"Did you see Step at the wedding? Was he drunk? Did you see him leave?"
"Nah he's okie. Why?"
"Nobody could get him. I'm looking for him"
"What's his address. Let me go check on him " (Awwwwwwwwww why my friend so niceeee)
"That's fine. His friend is on her way now. I'll let you know. Thanks"

He must have gotten into accident. He must have drank too much. He must have gotten drunk and yet still drive.

I was very certain he got into an accident. I panic. I was scared to death. I am pretty damn sure my fingers were shaking. Shit. I will never see him again. (Ok to be honest I thought he's dead). Then I was thinking..

I didn't tell him I love him just now.

And I wanted to cry.
I really wanted to cry. I started to imagine life without him and I wanted to cry.

What really happened is ......... he was high from the wedding dinner booze and drove home and passed out ON HIS BED while his friends are looking for him.

End of story.

You felt like punching him yet?

I can conclude that cockroach is not the scariest thing on earth. The scariest thing is getting a call at midnight and be informed that your family/loved ones are hurt or missing. That feeling is horrrrrriiiiiiiiiibleeeeeeeeee.

Anyway, it's a big slap on the face for taking things you have for granted. I make sure I tell him I love him every single day now.

Appreciate what you have, before time teaches you to appreciate what you had.

10 comments:

What on earth is thisssss.......dave was not making him drink!........:P

Awww so sweet...
So touching reading this, shows how much you love him.

I'm jealous for Step seriously! He got drunk, had a good sleep, then his gf would keep saying "I love you" everyday. What a wonderful life!

Bankai: Ya I can print screen the bukti for you haha

Jes: yah but still felt like punching him though!

Anon: hahahaha you're so right omg why he so untung

wahahahahahahaahahahahahaha can't stop laughing lols...

oo...so sweet ler...
like your last few sentences! :)

-mokusang-

yalor.. i can understand the fear.. esp in LDR when my hubby didnt msg me back to tell me that he arrived safe or watever..

and sometimes go MIA also~

aih.. *worry worry*

this is so sweet. Step is lucky to have you! =)

Luckyyyyyyyyyyy? Wasted my precious sleeping time.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More