Tweet

Pages

You've Got Mail!

Look what came in the mail! Technically, look what came in the mail 4 months ago wtf. It was mailed during Christmas and I only got it recently since it's sent to my hometown.


When I was around 16 years old, I had the opportunity to live in Japan as a youth exchange. I lived with the Arai family in Tokyo city, before I moved to the countryside (1 hour from Tokyo city) with the Watanabe family.

I have only 1 host sister Naoko in Tokyo (another older host sister was on her exchange to the US at that time), and 2 brothers from the Watanabe family. Oh and how can I forget them because my older host brother Yoshiko, who's 1 year older than me, is the prom king in his secondary school! I spent most of my nights teaching him English to differentiate 'him', 'his', 'she', 'her' and simple grammars and helped him with his English homework.

My host sister Naoko is really sweet. She mailed me and sent me several cards already, and she still try to write to me in English even though she can hardly make a proper sentence.When I was living with them, she's only 14! She has graduated and is a nurse now. Well, I also completed my Japanese elementary and moving to the next level already. Hopefully I'll be able to write back to her in Japanese soon!

Sigh. Those are awesome experiences I'll always always always treasure. I live like a princess there because they treat me sooooo good and buy me almost everything I LOOK at. If I walk past something and I stare at it a little longer, then when I get home, they're all wrapped up and placed on my bed as gifts. I'm serious! They brought me around Tokyo, and cities around Tokyo, even Fuji (!) and we took like hundreds of purikura together. I still have some of them but they're mostly fading already. One thing I regret is I didn't eat enough sushi and ramen. They brought me to Chinese restaurant everyday because they worry I'm not used to it and want me to feel at home.

I miss Japannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

4 comments:

It is time to visit!!! wei, I believe you look like a little princess back then!

Joe: Hmm I would if I know who you are?

Jia: ya its time to visitttttttt! maybe next sakura season coz I've never seen any sakura before!

Just to clarify .. is not me :)

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More