Tweet

Pages

Tokyo Earthquake

I had been extremely busy the past week. My Netherlands counterpart came for visit and we had lots of of things to discuss since I'm new with that area and stuff so I don't even have time to eat breakfast and go to toilet (but that's okay since I don't have time to drink water also).

Then on Friday afternoon, my sister whatsapp me and told me about bad earthquake and tsunami in Japan. I was like "oh ok ok" then after 5 seconds only WHAT? EARTHQUAKE & TSUNAMI IN JAPAN? THE BOY IS IN TOKYO NOW!

The magnitude 8.9 earthquake that struck outside of Northeastern Japan in the last 24 hours is the 5th largest earthquake in the world since 1900.

Then I checked and I have 5 Viber missed calls and WhatsApp message from the boy "Baby Earthquakeeeeeeeee. Helppppppp". I managed to call him back and he said he can feel headache from the earthquake shake. How unlucky! He just arrived in Tokyo 2 days before the quake. I hope there's no more after quake =( Pity those who're affected badly. Whats with all the earthquake these days =(

Most importantly,



Women wrapped in disaster sheets sit together at a temporary shelter set up at Aoyama Gakuin University in Tokyo for people who can't go home March 11, 2011.Credit: AP Photo/The Yomiuri Shimbun)


HOW YOU CAN HELP
: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-20042278-503543.html

Source:





 

Tokyo (CNN) -- The morning after Japan was struck by the most powerful earthquake to hit the island nation in recorded history and the tsunami it unleashed -- and even as the earth continued to twitch with aftershocks -- the disaster's massive impact was only beginning to be revealed.

Rescue efforts began with the first light as military helicopters plucked survivors from roofs and carried them to safety.

The 8.9-magnitude temblor, which was centered near the east coast of Japan, killed hundreds of people, caused the formation of 30-foot walls of water that swept across rice fields, engulfed entire towns, dragged houses onto highways, and tossed cars and boats like toys. Some waves reached six miles (10 kilometers) inland in Miyagi Prefecture on Japan's east coast.

"The earth shook with such ferocity," said Andy Clark, who said he had gotten used to earthquakes during his 20 years in Japan but never experienced what he felt Friday at the airport outside Tokyo. "I thought things were coming to an end ... it was simply terrifying."

3 comments:

Damn, your boy can go rescue some distressed Japan girl.

my sis can feel the earthquake too... she was eating at 8th floor when earthquate happens.. :(

Anon: Whatever makes you happy alright

Cath: Ya :( #prayforjapan. is ur sis in tokyo? is she affected in any way?

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More