Tweet

Pages

New Ubin Seafood

To counter Monday blue, we arranged for a zi char dinner after work at this secluded industrial area. I had to take a 15 mins bus from my office to Kovan NE Line MRT, alight at Serangoon MRT to change to Circle Line, then alight at Bishan MRT to change to NS Line, then alight at Ang Mo Kio MRT station, met up with the rest of them, took a bus and alighted 5 stops away, walked 5 mins, then we reached the place. Phew.


This is in Serangoon station. Bishan station has triple this amount of people!! CRAZY NOT! I couldn't even get into the train! People from the back pushed me all the way into the train and I'm stuck there. My friend couldn't get in even after 4 trains. I'm so glad I have direct bus from my company back home. It's not a full bus and I always get seats. TingMin say she has to go through this every single day! Horrible!


This restaurant is hidden in between the car repair shops. The air-conditioned area is very small and it can only fit 5-6 tables. 1 table can fit around 8-10 people. It is extremely noisy inside the room due to all the echo so the owner soundproofed the room with real egg crates. Cheap but not very effective.


5 of us ordered 2 fried beehoon (which BY claimed is the best beehoon he had ever tried), 1 fried rice, pork knuckles, curry fish head, braised tofu, salted egg yolk crab.


Obviously we couldn't finish the fish head, tofu and pork knuckles. What a waste!
Chinese fried rice is aromatic and delicious. Everybody likes it more than the fried beehoon. Curry fish head is good, crab is mediocre, deep fried pork knuckle is crunchy, dry and un-greasy. Total for 5 of us is S$130, about S$26 per person. Anything with crab in Singapore is overpriced.

Would I go again?
NO.
It's not because the food is not good enough but because it is not a cab or public transport accessible area. The area is quite secluded and I don't feel safe walking around there. Do you know what a big deal that is? I've never felt unsafe in Singapore before.

I came home pretty upset because my friend actually said over dinner that I'm fat. I've always been self conscious of my weight but then, which girl isn't? Which girl likes to be told they gained weight ah? Ok maybe he didn't use the word 'FAT' but he said I've gained more weight and look more MANTAP now wtf what a nice word trying to say someone is big sized D:

Then my girl friend who's as thin as (if not thinner than) ShuShan say "she's not fat la. even I'm (she) fatter than her (me)"

#okay.jpeg

We're not even in the same rank. Her arms are half of mine and when she said that, it actually makes me feel 100 times worse. Not sure why she said that. (1) She's trying to be nice so I won't feel bad after being told blatantly I'm fat (2) She's blind.

Nola just kidding. She's tiny and pretty. Plus I've known them for ages, and if they can't be honest with me about what they think then who else can??!! It's all universe's fault (coz nobody else to blame).
FAT meh? Un-photoshopped ok! I actually thought I lost weight! If you mean I'm big sized and all. C'mon. I've played tennis the 1st 20 years of my life. It has to leave some "signs" on my physical structure right?! I'm not really weight-trained but I do have litttttttle bit of muscle. I've always had that athletic body and strong and wide shouldered and manly. What you expect me to do?



Do a jaw reconstructive surgery to make my wide face become V line ah? Or take a saw and chop off my shoulder blades? Or use a rough sandpaper and polish off my hip bones? Or use a scissors and cut off the fats dangling from my arms? Ha?

I know even all of you feel irritated about me talking about weight all the time. But can you blame me? Now you know why. I have people telling me to watch my weight every now and then. THEY are the one who make me self conscious about my weight when I should not! I don't know if I'm on denial or what but I really don't think I've gained weight or anywhere near fat. Why do people always make weight such an issue and make life hard? Can't even eat nasi lemak or curry mee in peace? It makes me happy! Why do people just have to comment about weight ALL THE TIME? Ok I know who to blame. Blame the media! It fucking portrays all the skinny boney woman and relate them to "pretty" and "beautiful" and "gorgeous". If you're not that, oh then I have to remind you to watch your weight.

Ok. Just needed to rant. It's not really that big of a deal wtf.

#firstworldproblem


New Ubin Seafood

Block 27 Sin Ming Road,
#01-174, Sin Ming Industrial Estate,
Sector A.

+65 6466 9558

4 comments:

AIYOH... NOT FAT LA.. come one wei..
Hahaha so funny to see u get all upset becos of somebody said u fat.. which is so totally untrue

Nvm la.. eat well and exercise then can d.

I would love to wear a dress like yours but my arms are so flabby and thick I should be even more depressed cos im fat ok... :P

As long as you embrace your body, you'll be contented and beautiful. Screw what everyone else around you say. Btw, you look gorgeous in your dress! Not everyone has that built to carry it off. :D Now, where's my nasi lemak?

Xiao Wei: YA! You'd be surprised averagely I have ppl telling me to watch my weight almost monthly. Isn't it crazy? Makes me feel like a hypocrite for saying I'm fat. I'm really annoyed coz I really dont think i'm fat but when i have people constantly telling me that's when it frustrates me wtf

Jinggle: thank you. you're right about embracing our body, i really do love the way I am. but it still kinda embarrassing to have people saying in public that i've gained weight, though they're people I've known for many many years. I'm still having nasi lemak every week haha

well, some guys just like to tease girls, that's the way they are.. or sometimes they are really being encouraging

my new colleagues at my workplace constantly bug me to go gym w them, dun eat fried chicken, dun eat rice.. hahaha.. but like in a funny way la

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More