Tweet

Pages

Gurney Drive Singapore

I woke up with an intense craving for Penang food. Afterall I've left PG for a good 1.5 years and I can barely remember the taste of that succulent prawn in a good plate of Char Kuay Teow. To be honest, I didn't really order CKT when I was in PG. It was my last choice. Either when all the other stalls are closed or the only time would be in Newlane.

So I started my quest to look for Singapore's best Penang food, not putting too much hope.

1st stop: Gurney Drive! Penang restaurants in every part of the world are named Gurney Drive. Do they know the REAL gurney drive serves the worst PG food in PG wtf? It's a tourist trap. Don't ever go there if you visit Penang. Don't say I never warn you.



I haven't had Char Kuay Teow for soooooooo long I forgot they have taugeh inside. Sigh. Taste is heavenly compared to other Singapore Char Kuay Teow. Warning #2: You'll see the FAMOUS Lai Heng Char Kuay Teow everywhere in Singapore. Stay 10 miles away!!! It's horrible and all you can taste is just black soy sauce. So this, THIS PLATE, is soooooo good but not good enough if compared with...hmm...Newlane. It's lacking of that 'Wok Hei'. The whole plate's too 'clean'. Not that I'm complaining. This is good enough for Singapore standard.

I also ordered Penang Rojak. Nothing to shout about. It's a tad bit too sweet for my liking.



Interior of the restaurant.

Verdict? Good enough though price is a bit steep. S$6 for a plate of Char Kuay Teow. Prawn Mee and the other noodles are around the price. $3.90 for Penang Rojak. S$1.90 for Iced Tea. Portion is decent. In fact, I couldn't finish the Char Kuay Teow. It's equivalent to 2 plates of Newlane Char Kuay Teow.

Not sure if it's the best yet in SG till I tried the rest!


Gurney Drive Ang Mo Kio

61, Ang Mo Kio Ave 8 , #01-09/10,

Jubilee Entertainment Complex,

Singapore.

+65 6455 1202
Mon-Sun 10:00am - 10:00pm


Gurney Drive Suntec

3, Temasek Boulevard , #B1-058,

Fountain Terrace,

Suntec City Mall, Singapore.

+65 6336 8847

Mon-Sun 11:30am - 10:00pm

1 comments:

the char kuey teow looks good....coz here don't have!

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More