Tweet

Pages

The Hossan Leong Show

My colleague randomly showed me a brochure one day and asked if I'm interested to go watch this Hassan's show and I'm like huh who's Hassan wtf. His real name is Hossan Leong and he's a Singapore comedian so I said sure why not since everyone's going anyway even though it's S$55 per person.



This is..err..Hassan.



I met up with 7 of them in Drama Center, National Library Building near Bugis Junction. And I'm severely underdressed. Most of the people there are in formal dresses and heels and makeup all over. But then, hmm, it's Singapore. Everyone's always overdressed anyway.



The hall wasn't very big, probably just 30 rows? And few more rows upstairs. We're seated at the 2nd last row but can still see his face clearly.

It's......okay. It's not that I dont think he's funny, it's just that he's not hilarious. But for Singapore standard, good enough lah. If you are not Singaporean, you probably won't be able to catch most of the jokes since it's all making fun of the recent SG General Election, Presidential Election, and the current local issues like foreign talent, domestic helpers, then they made their own version of Iron Chef and So You Think You Can Dance.

It's a good night out but I don't think I'll go for the 4th episode.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More