Tweet

Pages

Happy Mid-Autumn 2011

Mid-Autumn was one of my most awaited festival when I was a kid. The whole family will hang out at the front yard, my dad will be brewing his good cup of Chinese tea, my mum preparing the mooncakes, and all 4 of us will string lines of lanterns while lighting rows and rows of candles on the front porch. The rest of the night spent protecting burning lanterns wtf and we'll each hold one paper lantern using the branch from our house's Rambutan tree and then walk around the neighborhood greeting other kids.

Then my eldest sister left for her studies. Then my brother left for his studies. Then my other sister grew up and lost interest wtf. Years following that, I light candles and hang lanterns all by myself. The disadvantage of being the youngest in the family.



My 5 year old nephew's Angry Bird lantern. Kids nowadays mostly have the electric lanterns with music unlike our traditional paper lantern with the same pattern.



All of us just sat there and my mum's the only gung-ho one who brings him around the park.



He enjoyed it nonetheless.



I don't fancy the usual brown color traditional mooncake. I got sick of eating the same thing every year. Now I only eat the Shanghai Mooncake or the Di Huang Su (I think it's written as 帝皇酥) which is the above with the crispy (usually Yam) skin.

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival Friends!

2 comments:

lol, I remember during CNY and Mooncake festival you were playing firecrackers and lighting lanterns alone...coz we grew out of it.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More