Tweet

Pages

Robots.

It's 3.45PM. I feel completely drained of energy. I looked around and all my co-workers are still diligently typing away to their C# and C++ and ASP etc. None is surfing the net and nobody seems distracted, even at the slightest.



After 1.5 year working here, I still cannot catch up with the working culture here. It's a vast difference compared to my previous one. I honestly do not know where they get all the energy the concentration the dedication the commitment!

I don't know whether this is a Singapore thing or just my company. I have talked to a couple of my friends in the same industry and they all say the same thing.

For instance, our lunch time is quite flexible, anytime from 11.30AM to 1.30PM. But we only go out for lunch at 12.20PM or something because everybody is so caught up with work and then reach office before 1.15PM. It's not uncommon to hear cube neighbors' sighing and complaining why the time passed so fast and that they did not even realize it's already 6.30PM. (And yes, I usually reach work at 8.25AM and leave around 6.45PM. Well what did they say about fitting in wtf) .

Seriously? You do not realize it's 6.30PM? I've been counting minutes since 3PM! I really wanted to ask them if they really REALLY did not realize it or they're just saying it to prove they very rajin wtf. Huh. I think it's the latter la but then all the way from after lunch till 6+PM I did not hear them talking rubbish or walking around doing nothing.

And...NOBODY takes leave all year long. WHAT THE FUCK??!! What are all these people made of huh? I secretly suspect they're all human skin coated robot wtf. They usually have like 15 or 20 days of leave by the end of the year and my boss have to send email out EVERY week to force people to take leave because they're not allowed to keep so many leaves till next year. WU SIAO BOH! Need to force only take leave! Then I ask them why they never take and they say "how to take? so many things to do!" And some even negotiated with the boss to keep the leaves till next year coz they really cannot find time to clear them this year.



Oh and about breakfast. People eat breakfast before they reach work. And if they didn't manage to eat before they reach work then they will tapao and eat in cube. Coz the culture is starting from the official working hours is WORKING hour not EATING hour wtf. Anyway my teammates dont quite give a fuck about that because they go to cafe and eat every morning anyway. And they'll continue doing that until some KPO want to complain about them I guess.

Is that why the country progressed and developed so much faster? Because the government have secretly built an army of robots with human face?? Are the human all dead?

Reminds me of the Robot song
"
It is the distant future, the year 2000.
We are robots.
The world is quite different ever since the robot uprising.
Affirmative.
We no longer say yes. Instead we say affirmative.
Yes, affir-affirmative.
Unless we know the other robot really well.
There is no more unethical treatment of the elephants.
Well, there's no more elephants, so.
Ahhh...
But still its good.

The humans are dead.
We used poisonous gases.
And we poisoned their asses.
"

YOU HAVEN'T HEARD OF IT ?? Oh please. Go youtube it NOW! It's called Robots by Flight of the Conchords. One of my favorite album.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More