Tweet

Pages

Vietnam Coffee at Coffee Island.

Weekend spent with the boy in Penang. I haven't really spent time in Penang at all these days so I guess it's a good rest especially after a very long tiring working week. The week was HARD. Work was a bitch last week and the weekend rest is a much needed one.

We went to this place at Gurney Drive called Coffee Island. I've heard a lot about this place and it seems like it's the most popular hangout place these days.


#1 Coffee Island at noon.


#2 I just had heavy lunch in New World Park so I ordered the Rose Tea which is RM5.90.


#3 The whole set provided is nice, with the pot with hot water and this tea infuser mugs.


#4 I don't know why the photo is rotated and I don't know how to rotate back so just let it be huhuhuhu.


#5 The boy ordered this Vietnam Coffee @ RM5.90. I've never seen any other cafes with Vietnam Coffee served, let alone with the whole set complete with the filter. Many are fascinated with Vietnam Coffee and everyone who has been to Vietnam would not forget to go to the quaint little stores at the backlane for a taste of the very aromatic Vietnam Coffee.

It is special in terms of the way it's served. The milk is different, not like one of those concentrated milk we used for Nescafe. They say Vietnam Coffee is a pleasure for those who love coffee strong and sweet.

However, Vietnam coffee bean is not one of those that you would typically buy off the hypermart to make yourself at home because you can't make it like the normal Nescafe but must be through the filter. Troublesome? Yes? No?

I've never tried it myself. I don't drink coffee. Not even 1 tiny bit.

Have any one of you tried Vietnam Coffee? How do you like it?



Coffee Island

77 Persiaran Gurney,

Penang 10250.

(604) 227-2377

4 comments:

don't know ler. never try be4.

joan, which camera you are using? i love its colors that portray the old film kind of feel. Anyway, I usually go Coffee island at night and never tried the afternoon tea there? Vietnamese Coffee is a bit bitter and thick for me, but the milk shake is superb!
Work is a bitch..i second that

My house got the 3-in-1 vietnamese coffee which i asked my mom to bring back from hanoi.. but.. till now, i havent tried it tho it was like half a year ago.. hahaha

JiaJia: i am using just canon ixus =) the old film feel u mentioned is done using picasa! yah looks like everyone told me viet coffee is too thick for them and they don like it. and yet i thought coffee lovers love thick coffee!

rach: OK. haha.

XiaoWei: why u dowan to make? Not interested in the coffee or u feel very mah fan?

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More