Tweet

Pages

The Noose.

Sometimes, I really have communication breakdown with the Singaporeans, and the Chinese (from China) and the Vietnamese and basically, with all the non Malaysians. We use so much of our own language and slang and quotes and whatnot. My Singaporean colleague once told me my Malaysian slang is so strong she couldn't quite catch what I'm saying (she's a Chinese I'm a Chinese and I speak Mandarin to her.) #Fail.

We were playing table tennis after work just now at the cafeteria. There's a lot of running, smashing and shouting. This guy forehand smashes all the time so at one point he smashed again and I said "wah you think everyday Sunday ah!"

Nobody understood me. And I didn't bother explaining. "you think everyday Sunday ah" is a Malaysian thing? I didn't even know!

I was youtubing around The Noose tonight and came cross this episode which talks about Singaporeans complaining too much. It's true! They really do complain a lot compared to us because they expected so much from customer services around, whereas for us, if things go badly, well, it's just the way the country is, no surprise there right.



I think Michelle Chong is genius! She's a Singaporean artist and she made Lulu and SPG Barbarella so famous with her almost perfect China slang. You wont like The Noose if you don't enjoy really really dumb jokes.



But The Noose is the only Singapore Mediacorp series I watch. Otherwise, I mostly just watch Modern Family, New Girl, Grey's, Gossip Girl and all TVB series. Nothing from Singapore at all. I don't like everything translated to Mandarin, it's plain weird.

2 comments:

lol, The Noose is really funny...

haha ya! I'm very entertained by it. always talking about recent singapore issues.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More