Tweet

Pages

RIP You Are Sorely Missed.

I was told that one of my friend passed away this morning at 10am. It was only 4 hours before that he informed everyone that he will be bringing her back to PG from KL. I am not very sure of the details but as far as I know, she suffered from severe headache around 1.5 months ago and has been admitted to the hospital and then with surgeries and then the frustrating wait for the reports. She was checked out and then admitted in again and that continued for 1 month. Now she's gone. It is too fast. She was still her bubbly healthy self in September.

It was 1 month ago that I told myself I should call her. It was 3 weeks before that I asked around for her number. It was last Friday I messaged him to find out if she's still in the hospital. I was told that she was checked out and resting in her sister's place. I was also told that the doctor told them she has only 4 months left and with chemotherapy, hopefully they can prolong it to 1.5 years. I told myself I should pay her a visit. It always in my thoughts that I should do this and do that.

I never did.

I felt bad because a friend has passed away. I felt worse because only death can make me reflect upon myself, on what I should have done, on what I never did, and on what I would never have chance to do again. When I first learnt of her death, i first felt guilt before sadness. I felt guilty because I was in KL all the time and I never did take a bit of my time to even pay her a visit and to let her know that she is in my thoughts.

She is a great person. I believe everyone who know her would say the same. A dear friend and a friendly neighbor to me. I came to PG 5 years ago not knowing anyone but my sister. She moved in next to our apt shortly after that and since then we have hung out together most of the time. She is a great cook. I spent most of my meal at their house. She then found a new job and followed her husband down to KL. I cannot remember the last time we met. Must be damn loooong ago when she was still in PG.

I spent the day going through all her updates in facebook and flipping through her photos. It really saddens me that I literally lost a friend. I really cannot imagine how he is feeling right now but thank god that he get to spent the last few weeks of her life beside her. But death, in a way, is a relief and release for her. At least we know she is no longer suffering now.

Today I learnt never to take anything for granted. I never did call because I kept thinking I have plenty of time and I kept delaying it again and again. So please, please call that someone you care about and tell them you love them before it's too late.

3 comments:

just heard about her story.....
this is sooo sad...T.T
even I dunno her...

zongli: how come u din call me wan? you don't appreciate me ka? haha

moku: eh you also know her?

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More