Tweet

Pages

What I Did In 2009.

I'm supposed to write about 2010 resolution but before that maybe a bit of recap is good so I know what I'd done and what I wanted to do in 2010.

1. I lost 7kg end of Dec'08. TUJUH! SEVEN! CAT! WORTH MENTIONING OKAY. But I already gained it all back now =(

2. Candy is back from the US for 1 month and we had a great Dec-Jan including my birthday celebration in KL and Christmas in Spore!



2. CNY 2009 with everyone back in Sgt except Candy who has already left =( 2010 CNY will be lagi sad even Pauline & Martin won't be here /boo



3. CNY Kek Lok Si for the umpteenth time. This is one of the few occasions throughout the year where we can gather everyone to go out together now that we're old and grumpy and always tired.



4. I had a new boyfriend and that changed my life quite a bit, but in a really good way though. I also spent a nice Valentines...doing nothing. I can't believe I did nothing! I was seriously thinking now if I missed out anything but no..ilek...we seriously didn't do anything! Anyway no matter what, I think what's important is we get to spend precious time together. He treated me like I'm a rare piece of jewel lol. I'm honestly contented enough.

5. "Celebrated" Jesamine's farewell =( She's leaving Msia for good with her husband who loved her like nothing else matters so we thought we all should drag our lazy butt out to the club.



6. Me, Shu, Pey and MeiLing started selling masks lol! It was pretty good sales though. Many who bought it said it works for them. I used it for a while but did not continue because my face is ULTRA SENSITIVE and it flares up red even if I touches dust. ripley's believe or not. Anyway, everything was sold out and I'm not selling it anymore but I think the others still do.

7. Applied and was accepted into Simon Graduate School of Business, University of Rochester, New York with USD13k scholarship per year. It is a good school, ranked 29 in US News and 46 in Financial Times. One of the many reasons I chose the school is because it's in east US, somewhere I've never been to and it'd be a great new experience. I sort of worked my ass off for a while studying for all the prelim exams. Most importantly I got great great great great help from my sister and without her I prolly wont even get the admission. I am supposed to start school Q3 of the year. However, after serious consideration and a couple of factors I decided to reject the offer. I am not sure whether I made the right or wrong choice but I'd like to think on the positive side.



8. Went up to Genting and lost RM500 in 15 minutes. Both the boy and I agreed that we shouldn't gamble when we have each other around coz it sorts of gives bad luck wtf.



9. Went to Hatyai and had the best Chicken Rice and my first ever Thai massage in Lee Garden Hotel.



10. Went to Bangkok for 5 days. Had lots and lots and lots of good good (which in the end contributed to the extreme weight gain). That's all I remember from the trip. FOOD! You can also see my obvious weight gain from the trip's photos =( le sigh



11. Went to US for 3 weeks ++ for Candy's UW commencement. Also dropped by San Francisco, Seattle and Vegas. Slept in the air bed for the first time and other than that, nothing special. Been there, done that. and bored of Vegas! I didn't even finished blogging about US yet. There's just too much photos and 3 weeks worth of blogs! Was supposed to go Canada at that time but decided to kill the plan because...I'm too tired and I need more sleep fml.



12. I cut off my long hair! I've had long hair since 6 years ago and the most I did was to trim the most 10cm off and that's about it. But one day I woke up and I knew I just had to cut it off because I'm also curious how I'd look like without hiding behind all the hair!



13. Went to Krabi. Was expecting a lot of sun, sand and fun but turns out to be the total opposite. Krabi rains everyday and I didn't even get to touch the sea at all coz the laut bergelora everyday and no longtail boat or even speedboat wants to go island hopping. In the end, we just rented the motorbike and jalan around the town everyday and eat pancake wtf.



14. Went to Malacca with the family! It's been ages since we last actually stayed overnight. Went for Makko yum yum!



15. Went to Melbourne for the boy's sister's wedding. Didn't do much because following the boy to Melb is like going to KL because Melb is like the boy's 2nd home since most of his family is in Melb already. But I had a good time checking out Melb town and went to the Great Ocean Road. Tried Max Brenner at last after reading about it soooo many times from all the blogs around. Nothing to shout about but it's a great hangout place and the Belgian Waffles is Love! Sorry I didn't get to blog about Melbourne yet but I will...soon....I promise! I didn't want to drag too long just in case I forgot about it also =) I am really looking forward to going to Australia again. There's so much more I want to see!



16. Went Skytrek for the 1st time in Shah Alam. Was definitely challenged because I was scared of heights and that damn skytrek is really quite high up! But like I said, after the first climb and first flying fox, you'd get used to the height and you will lose the fear. Trust me.



17. Someone I know passed away =(

18. Joel and Carmen is married! We all went down to KL for their wedding. Last year around the same time we went for Junn & Pey's, Kevin & Mei's and HuiYien & WeePing's. My god. All my friends are married.



19. Started taking Violin lessons. I completed Piano and Theory Certification already when I was 15 and violin has always been something I wanted to learn since then. So one day I just went straight to Yamaha Music School and signed up for the course. Violin is much tougher than piano at least that's what I think. lol maybe people who know violin but start learning piano would say piano is tougher too. We'd see how it goes for a few more months. Now at this point, I can't even play Old Macdonalds song nicely also. Any volunteer violinist out there willing to give me a point or two?



20. Celebrated a nothing more than ordinary birthday with my loved ones in KL and a mini get together with a couple of friends back in PG. Spent birthday eve and birthday itself sleeping at home and...that's about it. Family came down to KL and we tried Jarrod & Rawlins and also Vietnam Kitchen for the 1st time. Appreciate the family time coz it's getting lesser and lesser le sigh. Other than that, nothing special about my birthday hence I'll consider whether I'll even blog about it?



This year has been full of ups and downs. I had plenty of great family times especially with Candy returning for a month and also many more meet-ups with Pauline because she came down to KL more often. I seldom go back to Sgt though and I should really work on that. And I can't even remember the last time I go to Singapore to visit my brother le sigh.

I also had lesser friends time because I wasn't around in PG most of the weekends. Also, I don't go back to dancing at all. I actually DID go back for 1 class early this year but then the rest of the time I was either stuck in meetings or not even in PG at all.

I've also unfortunately gained back all the 7kgs that I lost early this year. My appetite has grown terribly and gym visits have been getting lesser and lesser. This is also definitely something I have to start working on IMMEDIATELY and repair whatever damage fml.

That's all folks. That's my 2009. It's not perfect and flawless. But I've enjoyed myself thoroughly and learnt a great deal from it. Did you have a great year too?




Go home

7 comments:

congrats girl! u did well for the year :)

woah.....nice 2009! hapi new year!!!!!!!

ms white: thanks! i actually thought its really not enough. i'll make it up in 2010!

rachel: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

whyyyyyyyy... why didnt you just take up the study opportunity?

oh i would die to study in NYC! just like gossip gal!!

agreed with xweing!both hands and legs....you should watch sex & the city and gossip girls so you wont reject the offer :P

XiaoWei: i also don know why =( sigh whenever i think of it i abit heartache also. but what's decided is decided. i hope its all worth it in the end for me.

JiaJia: I got watch both! Too bad I can't be Blair Waldorf now LOL

Hwa: =( YES I DID PUT ON A LOT. I tried to go to the gym but 10 mins vcery tired liao =(

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More