Tweet

Pages

Hatyai Is Cheap.

We drove up to Hatyai one of the weekends last month. It's a last minute decision, just 1 day before that, so we just arranged and planned things like on the spot.


#1 We planned to leave at 9am. But instead we left at 9.45am..isn't too far away right haha.


#2 It was raining like there's no tomorrow wtf. But it was SUPER NICE coz it's early and it's raining and it's cool.


#3 We had breakfast at the small store opposite Hospital Pantai.


#4 One of the best Nasi Lemak

There're a lot of kedai along the main road in Bukit Kayu Hitam all the way to border. They offer places for you to park and arrange a cab into Thailand. So we parked there and it costs us around RM70 for the cab from the kedai to border, then changed a cab at the border, and it'll drive us all the way into Hatyai to our hotel. Quite affordable I think.


#5 The immigration card. We reached the border around noon. And it takes us around 1.5 hours from border to our hotel lobby in Hatyai.

We stayed in Lee Gardens Plaza Hotel as recommended by FatBoySlim. He's been to Hatyai a million times so I trust his suggestion. Turns out the hotel is pretty decent. The plus point is it's right in the middle of the city. Walk out the lobby and there're food stalls everywhere and McD right at the lobby door. Great since we don't have a car and everything's by foot!


#6 The room is quite spacious albeit quite old.


#7 They don't have a double bed. Their claimed double bed room is actually 2 single beds stuck together haha. I forgot to take photo of the bathroom which is VERY SPACIOUS and quite nice too. Nicer than the room itself wtf really wan.


#8 Nothing to do. Just reached so camwhore a while.


#9 View from my room of the Hatyai City.

Showered and left the room 10 minutes after checking in for some Thai Massage! I've always been afraid of massage. I felt damn itchy and instead of enjoying the massage like most people do, I actually always felt like I'm being tortured everytime someone tries to touch my shoulder wtf

But the lady managed to convince me that it's going to be very relaxing and they're going to assign me the thinnest and weakest masseur. And it'll just cost me RM20 for 1.5 hours. You'd probably think that 20 bucks is too expensive for a massage in Thailand coz it's only like RM10 normally BUT this massage centre is IN the hotel itself. The place is HUGE and VERY CLEAN so I guess RM20 is just fine for that environment.


#10 I was ushered into this room. And they gave me the silk pajamas to change into.

Turns out, the massage is pretty good. They did assign me a super thin masseur. She look like she hasn't eaten in 10 years. Almost as thin as Shu. So the massage is pretty soft and relaxing and I actually quite liked it and I fell asleep!

Super best. I finished the massage around 3pm and walked out the hotel to look for food. LUNCH SUPER HUNGRY! Walked down the street and stopped at this warong.


#11 Ordered Teh Ping and Sugar Cane with 滑蛋 ho. I don't know which mandarin word is HO but you guys should understand what I'm trying to say lah right wat tan ho wtf. IT IS NOT NICE though.

So we walked down the street again to another stall selling Fried Chicken.


#12 THIS IS THE SHITZ I TELL YOU SUPER GOOD OMG SEE THE PHOTO NOW ALSO MY SALIVA LEAKING AROUND WTF DAMN GOOD WTF

Okay can you sense my excitement. No but seriously it's damn fucking good so damn crispy! It didn't come out straight from the kitchen okay they already put there don't know how long already but still can be so crispy omg KFC can fuck off lah seriously

If you're wondering where this is, I can't tell you the exact location, but get out of Lee Gardens hotel lobby and walk down the street to the direction of BP Grand Tower Hotel. And it's just on your left side. Just 1 very dark and lousy stall.


#13 DROOLZ yummy! Seriously lor I can just drive up to Hatyai any weekend just for this. I miss it so much!!!!! /boo


#14 Next up after SUPER YUMMILICIOUS HEAVENLY FRIED CHICKEN is this store opposite BP Grand Tower Hotel.


#15 Ordering food in Hatyai is NOT a problem because everyone speaks Mandarin. Surprising huh? And the menus are in Mandarin too so no worries! THey can understand u very well.


#16 This stall sells Beef Noodle. But it's only just okay. The fried chicken already surpass all of this.


#17 Coconut for dessert after the heavy lunch wtf imagine the amount of food consumed just now wtf no wonder I gain weight. But the coconut is super sweet. Trust me.

After we finished eating lunch, it's already 5 or 6 something. Walked back to the hotel, showered and rested for like an hour. Then came out for dinner. wtf.


#18 I couldn't find anything that interests me at night so decided to eat in this restaurant although it looks very commercial and we all know these restaurants are blood suckers. Money suckers wtf


#19 Ordered Pineapple Fried Rice RM20.


#20 And a VERY BIG BOWL of Tomyam seafood. Also RM20. But this RM20 is so worth it coz there're so many prawns and seafood inside. Super worth it.

Ginseng tea is free. So total of the meal is RM40. No tax. It's really quite affordable considering the shop looks like it's for tourists right. Guess nothing is expensive in Hatyai afterall.


#21 Went back hotel to change after dinner for some NIGHT SHOW baby!


#22 Took the tuk tuk. And it's hell to climb up a Tuk Tuk in super short dress wtf.


#23 Paid RM40 for the Thai Girl show with 1 free drink. Since I've never seen any so what the heck. Just thought I should go and see it for myself. See why guys are so damn interested lah.

Cheh WHATS SO GREAT.

So boring okay! They just kept throwing 2 girls out at 1 time naked and dance and dance then change 2 more girls out naked and dance and dance then change another 2 girls naked blah blah blah basically this just continue for an hour. B-O-R-I-N-G. So tell me why are guys so interested? Okay maybe the girl opened the beer bottle with her va-jay-jay and the girl who stuck ping pong balls inside and then squeeze it out WITHOUT USING HER HANDS. Maybe these 2 are the only interesting one lah.

OH NO NO got 1 more lagi interesting. There're 3 guys who came out naked and hit the drum with their dick multiple times. Damn loud okay. WTF. haha. I'm super amused. Not pain meh.

SORRY NO PHOTOS OF NAKED GIRLS because no camera allowed inside.


#24 Dessert at one of the road side stalls after naked girl show. Birds Nest is everywhere in Hatyai so I ordered the Birds Nest dessert which is only RM10 wtf. Fake wan lah wtf you think where got so cheap lah real one.

That's all for a day! Called it a night around midnight.



#25 Breakfast in hotel. Took everything coz very hungry hehe. Pancakes with syrup, Bread and Jam, Fried Rice with Fried Chicken and Fries and Egg and Sausage and Bacon, Cereal, French Toast and Fruits!


#26 Tu Lan face coz I kept stuffing food into my mouth yet still not full at all FML.

Checked out. Called the same cab company that drove us into Haytai. Got our car back and drove to Kangar for some business. Got lost. Found our way. The LONGER way haha. Then reached PG for dinner.

Yay! Finish Hatyai post. Finally.

All in all, I think it's a very good trip. Relaxing and fun. And affordable with very sweet fruits everywhere. AND THE FRIED CHICKEN MY GOD. I should just find any weekend and go again.

Anyone wants to join me? It's going to be fun. I'm a super good travel companion trust me wtf

4 comments:

haha..you make me feel like going to hatyai! xpecially the drumming stuff!the food looks nice too, i wonder why i didnt try them out last time. Get the list from you next time if going!

Jia: yes you should go! have u been there? not much to do actually just cheap only haha anything more than 2 days shud be quite boring I think. But it's so near!

It never cross my mind that we can actually get a weekend getaway at hatyai! Thanks, I gonna put this into my list to do when I have long weekend available after I forced my feet into perhentian first. I am so ashamed I never been to redang or perhentian before. So I will start with the islands first before crossing border.

PikLay: I'd always wanted to go redang for a real beach holiday and get a diving license. But it's gonna be real boring to take the license alone. So i've been pushing it years after years after years. It sucks!

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More