Tweet

Pages

If you were a melody... I used only the good notes.

I have found almost everything ever written about love to be true.

Shakespeare said, "Journeys end in lovers meeting." What an extraordinary thought. Personally, I have not experienced anything remotely close to that but I'm more than willing to believe Shakespeare had. I suppose I think about love more than anyone really should. I'm constantly amazed by its sheer power to alter and define our lives.

It was Shakespeare who also said, "Love is blind." Now, that is something I know to be true.

For some, quite inexplicably, love fades. For others, love is simply lost. But then, of course, love can also be found, even if just for a night.

And then, there is another kind of love. The cruelest kind. The one that almost kills its victims. It's called unrequited love. Of that, I am an expert.

~*~

You know, there's just that movie that you can keep watching over and over again without feeling like you're gonna vomit or it bores you to death.

Right?

For mine, it's "The Holiday". I think I've watched it for over 500 times. Seriously!! And I'm not even bored of it...yet.



I really love the movie. It's so beautiful and romantic. I've watched it countless times but I would still feel touched each time I play it, somehow. Kate Winslet is brilliant. I think she did a really great job, funnily pathetic being the single woman.



I absolutely adore Rosehill Cottage, the quaint little country house that Iris stays in. Moreover, the movie is filmed during Christmas which is my (or everyone else's) FAVORITE season. The combination of Christmas songs and the snow, the cocoa beside an old stone fireplace is perfect in tugging the heartstring.



AND ABOVE ALL, the soundtrack is wonderful and soothing. I never get tired of it. It melts my heart like nobody's business. Hans Zimmer is a genius.





If you haven't watched it, what are you waiting for?

6 comments:

I've not watched it, but gonna try to do it soon since it's highly recommended~

I watched it many times too but not as much as you!500 times? i guess you can remember the entire script already:S

Jes: Watch it girl! I like it a lot. and Pey told me you say 17 is nice..

JiaJIa: I actually think I can really memorize all. I just kept it playing everyday when i go mandi when i lipat baju before i go to sleep. crazy liao

zzzzzzzzzzzz

really that nice? i remember the first time i watched it i almost fell asleep.

ok lah, i shall dig it out and try again...

1 nice movie of kate's i watched recently is "the reader". go c!

Xweing: ahaha actually everytime i say something nice, people also say not nice. now if i say something is good, nobody believe me. "the reader" let me go and *ehem* downloadn *ehem* today.

Joan have you ever been to England and visited the village of Shere in surrey where parts of the movie was filmed?

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More