Tweet

Pages

U.S.A: Day 1 in San Francisco

I had trouble sleeping so Candy bought me mild sleeping pills to overcome the jet lag. Plus my dad snores so loud it kept all of us awake esp Candy haha she hates it when people snore coz she can't sleep with the slightest noise ever.


#1 You can get Simply Sleep in Safeway. Pop 2 pills half an hour before you want to sleep. Try not to read anything or use your laptop or anything to distract yourself from sleeping wtf. And believe me, it works.

We then drove and park near Chinatown because it's free parking Sunday! We wanted to bring the parents to eat DimSum coz I think they like chinese food more lor. And where else to find Chinese food but Chinatown?

So we went to this Dim Sum place that we frequent everytime I'm in San Francisco. It wasn't packed, much to my surprise. That's because everytime I go before this I always have to wait for seat. I forgot what's the name of the place or the street name so I can't let you know now.


#2 Purposely looked for Da Yuan. The shop I always go to for Ginseng. I bought some Ginseng for drinks and soup for the boy's parents.


#3 Walking around Chinatown for the 103492523746245935689th time.


#4 Finally found the gate at the entrance of Chinatown. We couldn't find it at first but then we figured we should head to the direction where the ang moh is coming from because ang moh refers to maps and would start from the entrance. True enough we did and the method works!


#5 We then walked to Union Square. Quite tiring and pretty chilly.


#6 Walked all the way down to the tram station in front of Forever21. I had time to rush in and bought a headband and few blouses while my parents and Candy queue for tram haha.


#7 My greedy sister obviously think the weather is too hot for her so she bought the Cold Stone Ice Cream from the shop 1 street away from Forever21.


#8 1 of the tram stopped at the road side so we hurried up to snap like ten thousand photos.


#9 Look at the amount of people queuing! from the far left all the way behind the tram to the right. We waited almost 45 mins or so. That's why I have time for some F21 shopping hohohoho.


#10 The tram operator with the gear.


#11 Candy and my parents on tram!


#12 Passed by this Chi Sin Buddhist & Taoist Association hehe.


#13 And then what else but my favourite bubble tea cafe Quickly. Malaysia also got lah in JB. Not sure if KL has it. But everytime I go US I will find Quickly and drink like crazy.


#14 Passed by all the town houses.


#15 And up the hill where we can see Alcatraz Island (also know as The Rock) from far. It served as a lighthouse previously then was converted to a military prison then finally a federal prison. I wanted to visit Alcatraz everytime I'm in SF but never made it there, coz...too expensive haih.


#16 FINALLY! OUR DESTINATION..LOMBARD STREET, famously known for its crookedest street in the world!


#17 We only took like less than 10 photos as a family because 1 of us always need to be the photographer. But Lombard St has so many tourists it aint tough to find someone to help out!


#18 The ang moh summore can say "yi er san" wtf.


#19 Me and Candy. Why she looks like my younger sister geh haih.


#20 View from the top of Lombard Street. You can see the whole stretch of road winding from top but all the way straight to the end! I love SF!!!


#21 We walked from Lombard St but passed by the field where lots of people just lie down because it's so summer. Crazy wan you know how cold is it or not. See that guy on the right wear winter jacket okay.


#22 Passed by lots of people doing break dancing on the way to Pier 39. Stopped and admired them for a while. There're just a lot of people performing at the street outside Pier 39. It's always crowded! And I love love love it there.


#23 Us in Pier 39. Freaking crowded.


#24 And here is the place we found my dad's favorite food! Candy wanted to introduce Clam Chowder to my parents but didn't expect them to like it because they only like Chinese food. BUT MUCH TO OUR SURPRISE MY DAD LOVED IT LIKE CRAZY AND FINISHED EVERYTHING AND LOOKED SO SATISFIED. hohohoho we finally found something my dad likes!


#25 It's one of the cafes in Pier 39. We just randomly picked one and ordered 2 clam chowder with bread bowl plus 1 fish & chips and fries. Haih so satisfying my dad loved it.


#26 So sunny yet so cold. That's my only thin jacket adoi. Nearly wanna die.


#27 Dad and mum posing. My dad satisfied from clam chowder hohohohoho.


#28 I took one at the exact same spot using tripod during Christmas 2007 so cham.


#29 Yachts parked on the way to Ghiradelli.


#30 My pretty sister who is jobless now haha.


#31 Finally after a long long tiring walk we reached Ghirardelli the chocolate factory. I walked around but refused to buy anything coz too expensive haha. Wasted all the walk haih.


#32 On the way to Ghirardelli Square, passed by Kelvin's workplace, Parkside Lending.


#33 Also went to Kara cupcakes but didn't manage to buy anything coz Candy who went to get the car is there already so we have to hurry out.

At night,

we were too tired to go anywhere for dinner coz we walked the whole damn day! So we went back to hotel, showered and rested for a while. Around 9 something we walked out of Travelodge to IHoP - International House of Pancake for dinner. It's right outsdie of Travelodge so it's so convenient.

Then we call it a night after dinner! I stayed to online for a while to chat with the boy but took the pill already so fell asleep around 11 or so.

Day 3 at Napa Valley up next!


IHop International House of Pancake

316 S Airport Blvd,

South San Francisco,

California 94080.

(+650) 583-8020

3 comments:

saya tersangat rindu kat SF... hmm...

a happy family outing. Your dad looked very cute in #6.haha..!

haha.. the pic of those guys lying on the field/ the guy wearing winter jacket could not be more ironic...

daytime in SF can still feel a slight bit of warmth from the sun la.. evening time at pier 39 is the chilliest... *shivers*~

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More