Tweet

Pages

U.S.A: Napa Valley

Napa Valley is 1.5 hours drive from San Francisco. Since we have nowhere else to go, Candy planned for a day trip to Napa.

The last time I went to Napa was 4 years ago. At that time I just drove pass Napa but didn't stop at any Winery for wine tasting because we didn't know which to go to and didn't even google for it. Now also I didn't google anything just follow Candy's plan only heh.

First we went to V Sattui Winery, voted the Winery of Year.


#1 Parents in front of the V Sattui entrance board.


#2 We brought sandwiches from Safeway and had lunch at the V Sattui Picnic Ground. That park was for the guests that bought food from the cafe but we went in anyhow hehe.


#3 So many types of cheese!


#4 Took bread and crackers with cheese.


#5 This winery is really packed. There're so many people at the counter tasting and buying wine. I couldn't even get near the counter.


#6 Not wine. Is grape bath.


#7 I didn't sample any wine because I never liked wine. Plus I'm not going to buy anyway.


#8 They also showed all kinds of wine glasses used for red wine or white wine and everything else.


#9 Candy and mum in front of all V Sattui's wine.


#10 The V Sattui vineyards outside the tasting room.


#11 There's another building to store the oak barrels.


#12 The same building is used to store other equipments used like the ancient grape hand crusher.


#13 That is...not the building haha. That's where the toilet is located.


#14 The picnic ground again. Everyone just hang out there because the weather is so nice that day.


#15 Parents in front of Chardonnay.


#16 I think this is Chardonnay too.


#17 We then drove another 10 mins or so down the same road to another winery - Robert Mondavi. This is a lot bigger than V Sattui.


#18 Robert Mondavi's vineyard. Sooooooooooo nice.


#19 Me!


#20 Candy in front of the Oakville.


#21 The oak barrels used to store and age wine in the temperature controlled room.


#22 Outside of the winery is...ORANGE TREE hohoho call me katak di bawah tempurung or what lah but I'm so excited because I've never seen orange.....up in a tree wtf.


#23 I asked mum to make sure dad is not in the photo and she took the photo and told me confirm no dad wtf.

All the wineries have private tours. These tours will bring you in the vineyard and then end with wine tasting and they'll tell you the history of the winery and also the wine making process. We didn't sign up for any tours at both wineries because Candy went before and she roughly told us the process so we can save up the money hurhurhur.

I really don't appreciate wine. It's too sour for me. I wonder if there's any types of wine that is more fruity? Any recommendation?

We drove back around 4 something so that we can avoid the after office traffic at the freeway. Had dinner at this La Mei Zi place back in San Francisco.


#24 This is also introduced by Mei and I had once 4 years ago.


#25 It's SzeChuan food and everything is a bit too salty for me esp the Ma Po Tofu. San Tung is a lot more better heh.


Oh btw, today is my brother's birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT!!!!


Spices Chinese Restaurant

Neighbourhood, Inner Richmond,

294 8th Ave

(between California St & Clement St)

San Francisco,

California 94118.

(+415) 752-8884

2 comments:

ooo... i am a tofu super fan! sigh. i want the mapo tofu soooooo badly right now. with rice.

Here I bought a sauce pack so as to skip all the seasonings! and i will try this friday after work.
http://yummiexpress.freetzi.com

Some wine got fruity flavor ma no meh.

oh.. ic so the Bayan Baru Crystal Point la mei zi originate from SF... :-P

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More