Tweet

Pages

Food Cravings.

I always have cravings.

Let's talk about the more recent ones. At one time I crave for Kim Gary. Everyday lunch and dinner I want to eat Kim Gary. And I also forced all my friends to go together with me until they all takut Kim Gary already eat until puke that kind. Now I don't go as often lor a bit sien liao but still go because it's air-conditioned and parking is indoor.

Then I crave for Max the dim sum place opposite Qbay. Every lunch I want to go. Weekend also go. Everyday go go go. Then one day I just got so sick of it I didn't want to even step foot inside. I think I almost 1 year didn't go already wtf.

I also crave for Yee Mein soup. There's this place opposite the Tesco Extra near Pekaka. But not that keng only every week maybe once or twice only. But this one until now I still go religiously lor. I'm a big Yee Mein fan. I go KL also eat "Man Yee Mein" coz I think only KL and southern states got. In PG, they only have Ee Fu Mee which is totally different and not nice at all wan. I think Step getting sien with me liao everyday ask me what I want to eat I say Yee Mein only so he has to ask his friends where to find nice Yee Mein heh.

Tonight hor, I crave for


#1 Ham Chin Peng which is a bit too ham lor. I actually wanted Yau Char Kwai also but couldn't find. This ham chin peng stall is near Kimberly Street opposite Tai Tong Dim Sum shop. They also sell Bak Tong Gou. I don't know what it's called in English ler.


#2 Tang Yuan! Favorite. It's RM3 per packet for 2 big ones plus like 8 small ones. The 2 big ones have peanut filling and black sesame filling. Mine is the one with Or Teng ( Black Sugar) coz nicer ler I think. The stall is opposite Trader's Hotel in GeorgeTown. They're open from 6pm onwards and closed on Wednesday and Sunday.


#3 Peanut filling Tang Yuan.


#4 I really really felt like eating BiHun so I wanted to go ta pao but then remembered I have Bihun at home so I went home and fry myself with egg and chicken.

So total, my dinner took 2.5 hours including driving to Georgetown and back and cook.

BIG BIG DINNER A BIT GUILTY LOR ALL THIS IS LIKE 1KG BUT THEN I VERY SATISFIED LER NOW HOW hohohoho.

By the way, anyone know where I can buy yau char kwai and ham chin peng or not??!! I want yau char kwai with milo!!!!


甜汤圆

Penang Road,

Beside Bank Rakyat/Opposite Trader's Hotel,

6pm-11pm. Closed on Wednesday and Sunday.

(+016) 477-7764.

5 comments:

ahah..I think we are having same sickness because I was gila of kim gary before that I forced all my friends to go. there is one store selling ham jim beng in raja uda butterworth which is so nice:D..and the tang yuan..emm..it is pretty expensive right? you can try to make it yourself and eat as many as you can! anyway, we have the same taste buds:)

I think the hawkers right at the Kimberly Street junction has yao char guai also.

if you are looking for the place nearer to us, there is a stall selling ham chin peng & yao char guai at Sunshine market (morning or evening). The stall is just beside the char bee hoon stall. The char bee hoon stall sells tong sui too. Maybe you can try to buy from there.

I like your bee hoon~~~
looks good!! can share?
few houses before the ham jin peng stall got crispy yao zha guai..but it close around 8pm...
anyway...the ham jin peng there is always the best....bak tong gou too!! :D

JiaJia: haha ya lor i pity our friends ler have to eat kim gary until vomit but still go haha. butterworth so far! i want penang island wan ler. eh i can't even cook maggi nicely how to make tang yuan? haha.

Anon: Only the one selling tong sui has yau char kwai but they dowan to sell me yau char kwai without tong sui. i asked =(

Angie: Evening open until what time u know mar? I don know sunshine got ler. must find 1 weekend to go and buy. try out. i know sunshine market ban zheng kueh also quite nice wan.

moku: my bee hoon..doesn't look nice leh haha colour also not even! so cham. is it i buy ham chin peng there lor at the stall road side but too ham leh!!!

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More