Tweet

Pages

Good Morning Nanyang Cafe

My Saturday started really early!

I'm a big fan of toast and tea for breakfast so I googled around for good breakfast place in Singapore and I came across Good Morning Nanyang Cafe. I don't think anyone would wanna wake up so early just for toast so I decided to make a trip down to Chinatown Point alone on Saturday because I need to open another savings account in Maybank which is just opposite the breakfast place.

8A.M. Saturday. Rise and shine! Reached Chinatown Point at 9.15AM to realize the cafe only opens at 10.30AM on Saturdays aih. I walked across to People Park Centre to get my account opening done, then crossed the bridge back to find the cafe not open yet still! But there's already around 5 people waiting outside the cafe and I can smell strong coffee smell from inside! Looooooove morning coffee aroma even though I dont drink coffee heh.


#1 Little cafe tucked away in that rather dead Chinatown Point shopping centre 3rd floor.


#2 The big menu at the cafe entrance. The supposedly famous bread from this cafe is its Ciabatta bread. Ciabatta is an Italian white bread made with wheat flour and yeast.


#3 The cafe interior. I couldn't decide among Set A or B or C and I cant order all of them coz I'm alone! So i decided to get the traditional toast set then ala carte of Orange Ciabatta bread.


#4 2X Egg + Tea. The half boiled egg is just nice not too waterish.


#5 Traditional kaya toast also using the brown type of bread like Oldtown toast only I think it's crispier and yummier than Oldtown's!


#6 This is THE orange ciabatta toast. It's not the crispy type as you can see. I think I like this better than the traditional one. If you're looking for an alternative for the normal brown traditional toast, you can try this, OR the normal Ciabatta toast which is more brownish in color.


#7 My breakfast. Yummeh! Of course, I couldn't finish all by myself so tapau-ed half of traditional toast and half of Ciabatta back.

I think if I tell my mum I purposely went to Chinatown at 8plus on a Saturday morning (almost 30 mins away from my place), she sure say I chio dio. Or..jia bak bo sai pang.

But I really jia bak bo sai pang ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! wtf. Nola I just really liked to eat toast and egg and tea as breakfast. Get the day started the right way!


Good Morning Nanyang Cafe

133, New Bridge Road,

#03-01 Chinatown Point, Singapore.

(+65) 8133-1882

Opening Hours:
Mon-Fri: 8am-7pm
Sat: 10.30am-6pm
Closed on Sun.

4 comments:

aku nak roti bakar!!! huarghh!

Haha the funny thing is when I started reading this, I was already thinking chio dio also lololol

korej: lim teh..nov..i am buying ticket now

candy: YA I ALSO FEEL THAT WAY but this weekend i wanna go again..miss roti bakarrrrrrrrrrr

Hi Joan,

Kindly note that we have moved to 20 Upper Pickering Street, Telok Ayer Hong Lim Green Community Centre at Speaker's Corner.

We are open Mon to Fri 7:30am to 7:30pm
Sat and Sun 8:30am to 5:30pm

Regards
Byron
Mobile 81331882

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More