Tweet

Pages

New Food Vendor Today.

Every now and then, my company would hire different vendors to setup stalls in the office (in addition to the existing cafeteria vendor). Everything is free of charge. The stall will be open from 8am till 10pm so whenever you feel like eating, you just drag your ass down to the cafeteria and have them make it fresh and you can take as many as you like. Normally, each vendor lasted 3 days. ENOUGH to make you sick of the thing.

The previous time was Muar Chee, you know, the sticky rice balls coated with sugar and peanut.


Credit: rasamalaysia.com

And then last last month was Popcorn and they have both the caramel and the unsweetened ones. I was so bloody kiasu I took 1 packet every 2 hours wtf until I'm so sick of popcorn! I hadn't had any since that day until now.

I cannot remember the others coz it was last year already.

Today, it's Old Chang Kee. They brought the whole big truck and parked right outside the lobby so anytime you feel like having one or maybe two curry puffs, just drop by and have them make it fresh for you. Crispy hot!

I'm sure all of you know Old Chang Kee 老曾记, the ubiquitous little shop at almost every corner of major streets.



And one thing I cannot tahan is when people pronounce curry puff as KALIPOK. Dont know lah I felt it's err..not very nice to say KALIPOK.

Very tough to say Curry Puff..or Karipap meh? Kalipok kalipok kalipok...chickenpok..taupok.. niamehpok. ok obviously this one is a Hainanese vulgar word. I don't know what it means exactly but whenever something pisses korej off, he will say niamehpok! LOL.

3 comments:

I think it comes from the cantonese word "kok" (now it sounds even more vulgar!) which translates to puff pastry. But if one says it really fast combining karipap and kok, then it becomes karipok. Basically I only hear cinapeks say this :p

Kalipok: Are you sure! haha that's new to me. now I know where the term kalipok came from! ei you'll be surprised people who aren't cinapeks and those holding LV and Gucci saying kalipok ok.

Anon: hahaha

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More