Tweet

Pages

Right Time.

When I was 21 and just graduated, I wanted to travel and laze around first but I figured at that point my priority should be to get a job. Securing a job after graduation seems like the RIGHT thing to do.

When I was 24, I wanted to travel and laze around but since I just started working not long ago and at that point I'm doing pretty good so I figured it's more important to at least up the salary for a while first since I didn't have enough money not to work without depending on my parents.

When I was 27, I wanted to travel and laze around but I found a job in Singapore and it required me to start work immediately so I figured it's more important to secure that job if I ever wanted to step out of Malaysia.

When I was 29, I wanted to travel and laze around but my career is just starting and it's giving me a very comfortable life and it just seems crazy to quit before I climb further.

So...

When? When is the right time to actually take a "fake" sabbatical and go travel and laze around?
Is it crazy to live for a while without any income? Is it ok to spend the hard earned savings for a while without income? What if I can't get a job after my self declared holiday? Does career and money define a persons life.

Fuck. It's all about money, ain't it?

I have a colleague who worked here for 10 plus years already and I told him I'm really impressed how he can work here for so long. It's not like this is a bad company, just that, it's not the..best. He say he will quit when his chair breaks wtf.

6 comments:

knowing you, you will quit someday and go travel. ;)

Get married and go Travel and laze around because then Stephen will be able to support you.. :P

whatever you do, just make sure you have a backbone....

which brings us to... when's our next dive trip??????? :P

i feel the same too, it seems like there is never a right time to do something. it's actually we are not adventurous enough to leave the comfort zone loh

Anon: You dont know me well. Coz u don't know i'm too chicken shit to do something drastic haha.

Jes: He can but I will feel very useless not working. I don't think I can live having no income for myself! :(

Candy: you mean "kuat hei" ar

Joe: April!

Shu: Yah the older the more chicken shit we are. think think think this scared that worried. in the end when wanna do, then will be too old for anything liao.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More