Tweet

Pages

Chinese New Year At Home

Chinese New Year at my hometown is almost like a ritual. What we do, what we eat. But the thing is, you never get bored of it.

The afternoon of CNY eve, my dad would buy the whole chicken and char siew or siu yuk for the praying. Then we will get to eat the chicken for lunch. But this year minus out both my sisters so there's like so few people eating. So my bro told my mum if she can make the char siew and chicken into something else because we're sick of eating chicken with rice.



#1 So my mum made this haha just because the whole family loves fried rice. I miss it so much now =(


#2 My mum was in Spore the whole time so she didn't have time to bake cookies. These came from the boy. And then my dad's patients and friends gave us cookies too. End up we have almost 20 containers lol.


#3 More from the boy. He couldn't make it to my house because he had to work but ah well..a bit disappointed but work is more important anyways.


#4 Two hours before midnight.


#5 Ethan is such a good boy. He helped my dad put in the ang pow money and seal it up. Didn't make a mess at all =)


#6 My dad put up the red lanterns and blinking lights everytime before CNY and take it down after. My friends always say that my house is the most festive in the whole street.


#7 Dad's last minute shopping for the red papers and some snack.


#8 Red papers for the table.


#9 Table all prepared.


#10 Ethan copying my mum swinging his hands about heh and my bro checking out the crazy fireworks while my dad get changed for midnight.


#11 Too bored kua. Try to go and push the car.


#12 Ethan kept eyeing the walnut cake on the table but we managed to convince him that he can eat it for breakfast the next morning. 3 generations together =) love seeing them together macam so bahagia.


#13 I don't think you can see it but can you see the super small dot on the right of the fireworks? That's 'kong ming deng'. The kind of lantern people write wishes on and lit it to fly up. This is the 1st time we see this on CNY eve and a lot of it summore.


#14 It's midnight. Dad teaching Ethan how to bai.


#15 All of us minus both my sisters. Aih a bit dark hor what to do, I'm only using Ixus summore taken very far away.


#16 Last step of the night. Burning the papers.


#17 Then the rest of the night spent watching fireworks after fireworks after fireworks.

I actually have a lot of videos but I lazy to edit and combine them together so.....hmm. I really liked CNY Eve. Its just the whole same yearly ritual that make me miss home the most.

It's 2am now. 2 hours past the last CNY day. Now we have to wait another year for it. Aih. A bit emo.

2 comments:

what la joan, my bf cant make it to my house during cny and not a single biscuit he gave to me also! EHEM!
you have lots of cookies!! can consider chia-ing the whole inteller liao la!

Jia: They're supposed to SHOW UP okay.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More