Tweet

Pages

A Random Saturday

The guys told me there's this Toroniku (roast pork cheek ) ramen with the juiciest most tender soft pork I've ever tasted in Santouka at The Central. They told me the pork will literally MELT in my mouth. I didn't believe them but they kept convincing me so...yah. Off to The Central we go.

Santouka Ramen is quite hidden at the corner of the building that we nearly missed it. Queue was tolerable that Saturday lunch. Almost 15 mins wait only.


#1 Roast Pork Cheek. As promised, it really does MELT IN MY MOUTH YUMMEHHHHHH. I was told pork cheek is very rare and only about 200g can be taken from 1 pig.


#2 There are 3 types of ramen soup: Shio Ramen (Salt Flavor), Miso Ramen (SoyBean Paste Flavor) and Shoyu Ramen (Soy Sauce Flavor). I think I chose Shoyu Ramen. Even though the pork cheek is really tender but I can't finish it cause a bit too salty for me. Still, it does melt in the mouth! Each set of this is around $18 which is pretty cheap considering pork cheek is so rare? Dont know eh.


#3 After lunch we dropped by this boardgame shop tucked at the quiet corner of the mall which I never knew existed on Orchard street lol. Nicky is super into boardgame and he wanted to go check out any new games or what and since we have nothing to do we just tagged along. To hear him rave on and on about boardgame is so funny.

It reminds me of those times I played boardgame with Pey and the rest. Not very often because I'm not a big fan but with Pey is the only times I actually really play the boardgame from start till the end, including Munchkin, Ticket To Ride, Puerto Rico, hmmm I think that's about it only. When I play boardgame I never strategise like how the others did. I just play to pass time and if can cheat, I will cheat wtf.


#4 Then we....went to eat again. This time at this small shop that has nice soya milk + butter croissant where they showed me all their iPhone apps which is like a million of them and they get so excited talk about this app can do this do that. One of it is like it can tell exact colors and one of it can arrange the best sleeping time for u like that. For me, I only have like 5 apps in my phone, most of it is for MRT and SG buses time wtf.


#5 On the way back to hang out at their place we pass by the street where a lot of people stood by the road side holding opposition party flag. Then only we found out it's Chiam See Tong's farewell after losing Potong Pasir area in the general election 1 day before. He's the old man in the middle on top of the lorry. He suffered from stroke in 2008 and couldn't even stand straight. Maybe that's why the public feels he's not able to fight for the citizen anymore. When I see him there that day thanking people for supporting him all those previous years and looking so defeated, I felt so touched even though I dont know him at all.


Santouka Ramen

6, Eu Tong Sen Street, #02-76,

The CENTRAL,

059817, Singapore.

+65 6624 0668

Monday to Sunday 11:00am - 10:30pm

2 comments:

can you bring me there when i go singapore!!!!??????????????? it looks so tasty!!

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More