Tweet

Pages

Leap of Faith.

Many a time when people tell me that this movie is superb that movie is nice, I will watch it and usually think it's just okay and overrated. When they told me the movie is funny I will think it's not. When they told me it's very touching I usually didn't find any tug on my heartstrings at all. I'm not a bitch, really, but I just already have that expectation before I watch it so when one already have a certain level of expectations usually you won't find what your friends told you to be true.


Today, after 2 months in the new country, I finally dragged my lazy fat ass to GV Bishan and bought the 3.35pm Inception, Christopher Nolan's mind thriller. FINALLY I decided to check out what all the hoohaa about the movie is about because out of 100 person I know who watched it 102 of them gave it a thumbs up!

#1 Aiya I lazy to rotate it. Sorry I am a lazy blogger like that pfffftttttt as if you don't know that yet wtf. Movie price here on weekdays (Mon->Thurs) is S$6 and on weekends is S$10. But depending on what credit/debit cards you're holding, you get different discount. In my case, I used POSB debit card and it's S$8.50 per ticket, not the cheapest yet, other cards get maybe S$7.50 only.



#2 Lunch in Bishan Junction 8. I really can't understand why my salted fish fried rice got TAUGEH WAN. WHY SINGAPORE FOOD SO WEIRD LIKE THAT GEH!!!


#3 Pepper lunch has the longest queue. 1 black pepper chicken rice is around S$5.50. Consider quite cheap if you don't convert it back to RM.


And about the movie...hmmm...for the first time, it stayed true to people's words and lived up to expectation. It is indeed quite impressive. Erm no. It's actually DAMN FUCKING BLOODY AWESOME. It had my attention for every single minute throughout that 2 mind-fucking hours. Amazing. I'm quite lost for the first 15 minutes though, there's like 123823472634 questions marks all over at first. All the jokes are damn good not like those dumb blonde jokes also and I simply adore Eames. We think he did the most job in the movie from pretending to be the hot chick, Uncle Brown, (I initially wrote Fischer's dying father here but someone told me that the father is Fischer's subconscious thought and Eames has nothing to do with it fml), and then planting bombs, fighting the gunmen (those from Fischer's training against dream extraction), shooting, giving them the 'kick', basically everything right?

Some parts, I still don't quite understand though. Like, the part where Cobb stays in to get Saito out of the limbo. How is it that Cobb can decide for himself that he wants to stay in the limbo to save Saito? I thought with the 'kick' everyone is forcefully brought out from the layer of the dream?

And I really really REALLY want to know whether the totem stop spinning in the end! Did Cobb really go back to his family or is it all a dream? Anyway, I'll go google the whole story. I'm sure it'd be interesting. Dream within a dream. Even the mere mention of it gives me the chill. Nice.

3 comments:

Read the FAQ on IMDB board..

Btw, do you think at the end it's a dream or back to reality??

XiaoWei: I think it's a dream =(

If it's a dream in the end, then the spinning top can either continue or stop, all depends on Cobb. ;)

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More