Tweet

Pages

Singapore Public Transportation Guide

I wish you're here holding my hands and making sure I am well fed!

I am eating beef noodle now. Wish you are here too so I can take your beef noodle since you don't eat beef!

-_-"

One thing I learnt from all these years is that when it comes to food, never say no to what the boy wants. He can let me have my way in whatever things but when it comes to food, not even I can persuade him to do otherwise.

+++++++++


In Malaysia, if you want to go around, you need a car and a GPS.
In Singapore, you need an iPhone wtf or a PC.

I will show you the guide to going around Singapore through bus/mrt if you don't have a car.

For newcomers like me, for instance, I need to go to Canon service center, this is what I do, provided I am at home and have internet access.

1. Google for the address.



2. Paste the address in Google Map to check the location and see which MRT station is the nearest. I usually opt for MRT so that I wont get affected by traffic jam and everything. So if the place is accessible via MRT and also MOST of the major buildings/shopping malls, then that is the best scenario. In this case, obviously you can see NE1 HarbourFront MRT station is the nearest. Usually the walk after you get out of MRT is within 5-10 minutes.



3. If your HDB flat is not within walking distance to MRT station, then you have to use SBS transit website to check for what bus to take from the comfort of your own home. All you need to input is the road name or major buildings near to you. Then the website will list out all the bus stop numbers for you to choose. Alternative is to use google map and you can click on the bus stop image and it will show you the bus stop number too.



4. The journey planner will tell you which way is the shortest and the bus number to take from which bus stop.



5. If you're in Singapore, the first application you should install in your iPhone is 'SG Buses'.



6. Once you know the bus to take and what bus stop number, you can use SG Buses application to check what time the bus is arriving so you should run faster or you can take your own sweet time.



7. It will not only show the minutes the bus is arriving, it will also list all the bus stop number that the bus will pass through. So you will know how many bus stops you will pass until you reach the destination then you will not miss it!



Additionally, if you want to estimate your journey time then you can use the Transitlink website to check for the fare and time needed.

8. Input both your MRT station name.



9. It will show you all the information you need.



This is the link to the MRT map.

http://www.transitlink.com.sg/images/eguide/mrt_sys_map.htm

See so easy only!!!!! If you're here on holiday or something then you will find this very useful to go around if your friend in Singapore has no time to layan you or whatever.

And if you take flight, I can also show you how and what bus to take to the city! I'll write step by step next time ok.

IF you don't have the privilege of checking from a home PC, for instance, the other day my brother dropped me at the Comfort DelGro center to register for my driving license theory exam. When I'm done, I just walk out the center to the nearest bus stop(you will ALWAYS have a bus stop near to where you are and I can guarantee that).

At the bus stop, it will list out all the buses that will pass by and the journey path for each of the buses. If none of the bus go straight to your destination and you didn't want to transfer bus, then check which bus will bring you to the nearest MRT station. Normally one of the buses will bring you to the MRT and the name of the MRT station bus stop is very obvious like 'Bishan MRT' wtf.

So there you go! Traveling in Singapore is very convenient. You really don't need a car and bear the expanses of feeding and maintaining a car if you can't afford it. Save a lot!

4 comments:

LOL yesterday my friend was teaching me about how to check Korean buses online... and it's so similar!!!

But there's something even more canggih here i can click on the "webcam" icon and there's actually a satelite image showing all the real buildings at that place! and can rotate round somemore so geng!

Wah, you are a Singapore convert!! So fast!!

:) Pauline

joan, you can just use gothere.sg next time ;)

XiaoWei: a bit ma fan actually I think. Like that if I find sure always take the long route. And go 1 place needs to check forever! btw nice profile pic =)

Pauline: Like that call convert meh? I think this is the dumb way leh :(

Fang: Woah thanks let me check that out. My current way is too ma fan to my liking :(

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More