Tweet

Pages

9 hours and I'm Home.

Happiness is a state of mind. Like all other things, it needs practice. Devote 5 minutes a day to smiling. And after a while, it will come naturally.

I heard that phrase from "Love Happens" when I watched it in the bus and I liked it. I like everything that can keep me optimistic nowadays.

Talk about BUS.

Did you guys read the news on the horror crash on North South expressway on Sunday night?

+++

Horror crash: Victims identified (Updated)

By MARTIN CARVALHO and SARBAN SINGH


MALACCA: All 12 victims of the horrific Simpang Ampat crash have been identified. Nine of the dead were Malaysians, while three were Myanmar nationals.

The accident occured along the North South Highway Sunday night, when an express bus crashed through the guard rails and ploughed into five vehicles.

The dead were identified by police with the help of distraught relatives, who began streaming to the Malacca Hospital's mortuary around 10pm Sunday.



+++


I am on the bus behind it. I left KL at 6pm.

Which means, by 7pm, I'm stuck somewhere along Alor Gajah when the accident happens. There was massive jam and the highway became a huge car park. All the drivers just parked and walked down to the accident scene and help things out because it's just in front of us. I didn't go down though. There were SO MANY ambulances rushing there and police cars. I was thinking must be quite a serious accident considering I've counted almost 10 ambulance passed by. Turns out 12 died and 47 injured or something like that.

I was thinking, dammit, why am I so unlucky AGAIN. If you read my blog, you should know all my infamous bad lucks blah blah blah blah coz I talked about them so often.

THEN I realized. FUCK what am I saying? WHO bad luck? Me or those people in the bus that crashed? I'm fucking lucky I'm at the bus behind it so why am I the whining bitch about how unlucky I am?

That's how it is. U know? I'm on the road so often. Almost every weekend previously and now once every 2 weeks. The chances that my bus crash is higher than u think. It's scary. When I read all these bus crashes, I'm just thanking God it's not my bus.

It's not fucking thanksgiving yet but I'm just thankful I'm alive.

Ended up my 6pm bus took 9 hours to reach Singapore. I reached Harbourfront centre at 3+am and called for a cab which didn't come after half an hour so I'm left alone stranded there with no one else around. Luckily that's Singapore and not KL. If it's in KL i should be dead by now. I managed to hail one and got home at 3.30am with a cab fare of SGD20.20.

It is a fucking long ride. I only slept for 2 hours and got back up at 7am for work until 6pm sharp. Talk about dedication.

4 comments:

I think you should stop taking the bus. Plane/Train is safer.

Yeah. I used to fear for my life everytime I took the PG<->IPOH bus and now I fear for my hubby's life everytime he takes the PG<->MLK bus...

Problem is, these things keep happening and happening and yet the gov is still doing NOTHING about it! We need a bus system overhaul man...

Life is so unpredictable...

holy crap u were coming back to SG on THAT night? my fren in msia purposely called me to let me know about the crash and commented i was lucky i didn't extend my stay in msia after coming back from canada... (which he suggested in the first place lol)...

And just to comment, doesn't matter if u take bus, plane, train or car... if you're meant to go, you're meant to go... there isn't really a "safer" mode of transport.

Candy: Can only afford bus =( Plane's total cost I can take bus 3 times.

XiaoWei: PG<->Ipoh i think is worse because of the hill winding roads which are terrible! Our gov is not going anything for everything that's happening *yawn* pls stay in korea don't come back it'll do u some good.

Joe: yah damn crap right I am right behind that bus but luckily i took aeroline this time so atleast can pee in the bus! haha. that's my only concern. that's true. but i think plane death rate lower kua.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More