Tweet

Pages

Too Much of Anything Is Not Good.

One thing I really liked here is the FRUIT JUICE.

In Msia, you order either by cup (which they have fixed number of fruit for 1 cup) or by number of apples wtf (like my previous company's cafe). And if the fruit is not..erm..juicy...that day, then too bad for you, only 2 apples will be juiced up and they will usually fill the cup full with either water and ice. Sadly diluted. Really. Towards the end of my days in the company.. wtf, they somehow changed the cafe management or something like that, and the fruit juice got worse. The carrot was horribly diluted. Drink water also better. And they also put sugar in by default unless you told them no no and no. (no water, no ice, no sugar).

Food sucks here. Nolah not sucks just that I not used to clean Singaporean food here. But fruit juice is the only thing that's great..oh besides Ayam Penyet. You order by cup and they don't have fixed number of apple to squeeze. They will keep putting the apple through the juicer until the cup is full. Yes. no sugar, maybe 1 or 2 biji of pathetic ice, and no water. Pure, super kao fruit juice.



Best is my cafeteria juice stall.

The uncle is super friendly. He remembers all our names and will greet us by name whenever we go to order.

The stall is not just about apple and orange and celery and carrot and tomato. Plenty more choices. And usually I don't order by type of fruit. We just tell him our "problem" for the day and he'll fix you the most suitable type of juice.

Problem as in...you feel heaty that day. Or you need detox. Or you headache. Or you need something very filling. Or blah blah blah. You get the idea.

Price is SGD1.20 for 1 type of fruit and SGD1.50 for 2 types and above.

Usually I'd drink..almost the same thing.

On the left is Yakult Grape + Red Apple. It has a nice pinkish color. Photo taken using phone so you can't really tell the color. All you need to tell him is the flavor of your yakult and whether you want it sweet or sour. Then the uncle will mix it for you with the suitable type of fruits.

Top right is Avocado. Nice shade of green but looks like duck shit green color in the photo. It's a mixture of full cream milk + half avocado + coconut sugar + Hershey's chocolate syrup (at the side that's dripping down) + cocoa powder sprinkled on the top. At one time, I am so addicted to this because it tastes so NICE until I gain 1kg purely from drinking this then I googled it up and seems like Avocado is extremely fattening. 30g fats in a medium sized avocado. 1 avocado = 1 quarter pound burger. Website says: "That's why diet experts have long urged Americans to go easy on avocados". Too late. What's done is done. So I stopped.

Bottom right is ABC. ABC is a mixture of Apple, Beetroot and Carrot. Uncle also squeeze in half an orange. According to him, that half of orange is crucial to make the taste of beetroot less...fishy. Most of the people don't like Beetroot. But it makes me shit. Really. So I drink it everyday religiously. I drink whatever that makes me shit wtf.

I also order Passion Fruit on some days. Not everyday coz it's bloody sour.
Oh and there's a morning juice that looks orangy which everyone orders every morning but I never tried.
Hm what else, oh and kedondong! He suggested kedondong once and I said no because I don't know what that is but turns out it's UMBRA that I used to drink in Penang.

There's another one called "three green" which I haven't mustered enough courage to try. It's Petai + Cucumber + Celery. It's supposed to make you shit like there's no tomorrow but..ew...petai?

Anyway,

what I want to say is. Too much of anything is not good. I drink 2 cups per day and I gained weight from it. Hard to believe? Yes. Google it and you'll know there's actually quite a lot of natural sugar in each type of fruit. Dammit. Someone please tell me this is not true.

3 comments:

It's true. Fruit juice has a lot of sugar. and Avocado has a 10000000000 calories. That's why I only drink water. hahaha

Excerpt from a forwarded email:
Sure they're high in fat, but avocados contain healthful monounsaturated fat, which has been linked to a reduced risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. "Avocados aid in blood and tissue regeneration, stabilize blood sugar, and are excellent for heart disorders," says Ed Bauman, Ph.D., director of Bauman College . They're loaded with fiber (11 to 17 grams per fruit) and are a good source of lutein, an antioxidant linked to eye and skin health.

Holy Avocado!!! I didn't know that.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More