Tweet

Pages

Customer Service?

I made a fund transfer through Maybank2U website to a bank in the U.S.A a week ago. By right, it should have already wired successfully and I should be able to see the money in 2-3 days. But it has already been a week so I called the US bank and they say they won't be able to trace it. Only Maybank will be able to trace the money.

So I called Maybank call centre 03-78443696. They said they won't be able to trace, only my account branch origin can trace it. I have to wait till the next morning to call back to my hometown branch.

[ The next morning....]

Me: I used FOREIGN telegraphic transfer online and have transferred blah blah blah blah blah but they haven't get it. Please help me check?

Officer: I can't hear what you say.

Me: I have transferred blah blah blah blah blah but they haven't get it. Please help me check?

Officer: Hello?

Me: I have transferred blah blah blah blah blah but they haven't get it. Please help me check?

Officer: Oh ok. Where do you transfer it to?

Me: U.S.A.

Officer: Oh? overseas? [DUH why do you call it FOREIGN telegraphic transfer]

Me: Yes.

[ After a few security questions....]

Officer: Sorry we can't trace the money. You need to call the maybank call centre.

Me: I did. And they asked me to call home branch.

Officer: [HUGE SIGH] Really? Ok. Let me check. Why don't you email this issue to MGCC.

Me: Ok What's the email address?

Officer: www.maybank2u.com.my.

Me: I mean what's the email address that you want me to write to?

Officer: ya. you can write to www.maybank2u.com.my.

Me: But that's not an email! That's a website right?

Officer: ya.

Me: So what's the email?

Officer: www.maybank2u.com.my

[Raising my voice]

Me: What you're giving me on WWW is not a valid email address. I need an email address that I can write to.

Officer: Ok. You write to MGCC then.

Me: Ok. What's MGCC email address?

Officer: MGCC. Maybank group call centre.

Me: I know. I meant what's their email address?

Officer: [Sigh] Never mind about MGCC. You can email to...

WWW.MAYBANK2U.COM.MY.

Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THAT'S NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.

Officer: Let me transfer you to our [insert department name here] . Hold on.

...

And nobody pick up the line.

...

Conclusion is, Maybank officer is so helpful but I still don't know where my money went.

9 comments:

WTH ..... terrible
may be you are on a Fly fm prank or what
the next day i shall hear ur frustrating voice on radio...

I think that customer service is stupid. Sounds very rude, but that's what he is.

You have to talk to them in BAHASA MELAYU hehe

yea... any international wire transfer is a risk, especially involving two different banks. I guess you really had no other choice.

That officer on the phone is a complete idiot, or maybe he/she was just playing dumb, following a guide book, which is quite sad and probably a warning sign for you to quit using that bank.

Cheer up! ;)

I'd suggest u walk into Maybank, the branch where u open your account at, and talk to the manager. Btw, it's better to do a wire transfer manually. Call me old fashion but I don't trust those online overseas transfer.

I am having the same experience with telekom malaysia. I have threatened to record the conversation and uploaded it in youtube.. let's see if they will give me enough reasons to upload it.

Shu: I listened to hitz fm today. Confirm is not a gotcha call liao.

PikLay: I don't think she's rude but she just doesn't get what it means when I say EMAIL which makes it frustrating!

Anon: OH YAH MAYBE HUH Next time I'll try that.

Anon: By right, if wire fails, the money should be credited back to my Malaysia bank account but that did not happen. Where the money go, is a mystery. I never had a problem with that bank until now. Not too sure where the problem is.

Anon: I can't because I'm overseas =( else I would have done that. You're not old fashion. I totally agree with you. I won't be using online transfer anymore. At least do it at the bank so I'll get a stamped and signed wire slip!

Martian: Did you actually record it down? How do you record? Using your HP???? Upload it. I'd love to hear the interesting conversations LOL.

which is why the best way is to demand to speak to their manager if they are too dungu to understand what you want... else go their website and just send email to their customer service demanding a manager call you back :P

Joe: They put me on hold because they're transferring me to their manager who didn't pick up! I think they go teh tarik liao not working/

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More