Tweet

Pages

How To Fix Your Ipod If It Refuses To Turn On/Hang.

This post probably doesn't interest many but I'm going to write it anyhow. Talk about ignorance haha.

So I have gained 4kg *yawn BUT WAIT my entry is not going to about how much kg I gain AGAIN I know you all are probably sick of me saying it and is rolling your eyes now in fact.

ANYWAYYYYYYYY

Since my mum who is here for the past 1 month (and has fed me with a lot a lot of rice) has gone back to Malaysia, I decided that starting tomorrow I shall go run again. And so I digged out my trusty old Ipod which I haven't used it for like 1 year F-My Ipod's-L wtf that proves how long I haven't been running.



I plugged it into the USB cable but it just won't turn on. It shows an Apple logo and that's about it. I tried to unplug and plug it back in through the USB cable to my PC but nothing happens. I was thinking maybe because the battery is dead seriously dead like dried so probably needs to charge for few minutes.

FEW minutes have gone by but it still won't turn on =( And what would any hopeful woman would do wtf but google?

Root Cause (wa how engineer-ish)
N/A

HAHAHA Serious. I cannot find the root cause but I do know the solution so..

Solution
1. Unplug your ipod from the PC.
2. Plug it into the power adapter and to your wall instead of PC.
3. Press and hold the Menu and Select (which is the round thing in the middle of the wheel) for about 5-10 seconds. By now, it SHOULD have reset your Ipod and your Ipod should have turned back on like normal..or like mine =D
4. Let it charge! For god's sake.
5. Plug it back into your PC.
6. PC doesn't detect it still? Then put it into Disk Mode. It should be able to detect it now and once it's fully charged and synched, unplug it. And it will work like a charm from now on.

How to put your Ipod into Disk Mode.
Source: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1363?viewlocale=en_US

  1. Before placing the iPod into disk mode, you should verify that it is charged.
  2. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Set it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
  3. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least 6 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until the Disk Mode screen appears.

    Illustration of disk mode

  5. Connect the iPod to your computer; the screen on the iPod will change and say "Do not disconnect"

If you are having difficulty putting the iPod model into disk mode, set it on a flat surface. Make sure that the finger pressing the Select button is not touching the Click Wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Play/Pause button toward the outside of the Click Wheel and not near the center.

If you are still unable to put your iPod with a Click Wheel into Disk Mode, use one finger from one hand to press the Select button, and one finger from the other hand to press the Play/Pause button.

----------

Copied. Lazy to type again so please do note the copyright or whatever =)

Email me if you still run into any trouble because I really have fixed my dear old Ipod a couple of times after it broke down for several different reasons.

I have a 1st gen Ipod which fails on me and refused to startup. At that time I was busy packing to the US and threw the spoilt Ipod to who else but HuiYien don't know for what also. Then coincidentally my friend bought me the 2nd gen Ipod when I was in US and then when I got back to Msia, HuiYien told me he plugged in my 1st gen Ipod and turn it on and it works miraculously. Pfttt.. Magic hands wtf. But it broke down again in my hands after a month so I was forced to sit down and did a proper research and found out how to fix it at that time.

So there you go. Another uninteresting entry for non Apple Ipod users. Thanks and see you again. haha.

6 comments:

dude last time i didnt turn it on miraculously..that ipod just ran out of battery. so i just charged it. haha....

errr, my leg cannot turn on/hang now, got solution?

Korej: oh yah that's 1 solution but i can't wait for it to dry out baybeh

ZongLi: I thought of u yesterday. Really. Coz I saw your pen drive HAHA sorry haven't return you! HOW??!

Kevin: In that case, I would suggest you to put it to sleep. rest in peace.

haha agree with zong li seems like u are diversifying your blog now targetting tech-savvy crowd
and touch politics too ( becareful )

shushan, i did not mean that the blog is on the path of diversification lah.
it is just this post is relatively too technical. :)

josze: you keep it first lah, when i go singapore take from u... thats why i 'hak chew' that day lah, i wondered who think of me.. hehe.. :p

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More