Tweet

Pages

Have A Merry Merry Christmas 2010!

It seems like it's the tradition of this company for every department to hold their own Christmas party. Bosses will normally fork out some money, for example, my team of 40 people have 5 bosses and the money we collected is enough for an extremely scrumptious lunch, vouchers and games.

Most of my colleague agree that this Arnold Fried Chicken's chicken is better than KFC. I tried it before and well, it's good in terms of being the good traditional mummy fried chicken but still, I think KFC wins hands down. They don't quite agree with me though. For them, Arnold is the best! So as expected, each of us get a set (half a fried chicken + fries + coleslaw) for lunch.


#1 Around 12 noon, Donny sent 4 of us to City Plaza, the main branch of Arnold Fried Chicken to pick up our orders. We specifically told them that we'll be picking up in Pasir Ris branch but they messed up and in the end, they gave us 10% discount or something.


#2 Reached back office around 1pm. Ken came down to ferry the 40 boxes of Arnold's using his trolley to the Studio Room where the party is held.

Besides this 40 boxes of half chicken and fries in each, there are also 12 large pizzas of different toppings, 3 extremely large boxes of drummets, 5 rolls of garlic bread, pasta, lasagna, 5 big bottles of soft drinks & mountains of snacks for just...40 of us wtf.

Each of us is supposed to prepare a gift of minimum S$15 for the Christmas gift exchange. I'm damn lousy lah I didn't know what to buy, so I went to Giant, spotted this Hand Mixer which is S$35 discounted to S$16.90 so I bought that. And when I reached office in the morning only I was busy wrapping it when everyone else had already had theirs nicely wrapped and displayed there.


#3 My awesome S$16.90 Akira hand mixer.

We started eating around 2pm. Then played some lame games like Policeman and Murderer. You guys know what that is right? The murderer winked his eyes at the people and they died then the policeman have to figure out who's the murderer. Who lost has to dance to the song "Nobody" by Wondergirls in the middle wtf. Aiya basically who was appointed to be the policeman confirm dance already because there's 2 murderer and 40 people wtf how to catch! But everyone was real sporting though. When they lost they really danced like there's no tomorrow so it's pretty entertaining. In the end, we didn't play anymore of the winking and instead we just point at someone and he/she has to go out straight in the middle and dance wtf.

Then the 2nd game, surprisingly, is the Mafia and Villager. The people have to discuss, convince each other and vote who's the mafia, who's the police and who's the normal people. I haven't played this game for so long! Anyway, the mafia won because nobody is interested in guessing who the mafia is, they just want to have all our bosses killed first without any reason. So everytime someone point at any of our bosses then everyone confirm vote him out wtf.

Gift exchange time!


#4 My secret santa gave me 2 boxes of chocolate aih I not fat enough meh why give me more chocolateeeeeeeeeeee! I don't want chocolate! >.< I want my hand mixer!!! Amy gave me the Candy Cane which I hung it on my monitor now because it's all sugar so I'm quite reluctant to eat.


#5 Donny was so nice! He bought 6 of us this Forever Friends wrist-rest, and 6 more Forever Friends photo clip for the other 6 of them! I felt bad for not buying anything for them pfttt I initially wanted to get a Gingerbread man for each of them but I couldn't find.

Then we had to gobble down another 3 big Christmas Log Cakes. I didn't eat coz I was too full beyond words and I haven't shat for 2 days so I don't think my stomach can handle anymore input wtf.

My director gave additional voucher for the best "Nobody" dancer and then also vouchers for "Employee of the Month". Each month everyone will vote for someone and he/she will get Fairprice vouchers worth S$50 or S$100 I forgot. See. Obviously I am not the one who got it lor how much also don't know.

BUT

I get something else. I was picked to be the next year's team building organizer. Note the next YEAR not just 1 team building but FOUR team buildings for the whole year! It works this way here. One get picked for the whole year FML.

Party ended around 4pm. Everyone went back to their cube analyzing their gifts. And actually my Secret Santa was my cube neighbor, Shen Yi (the one who was too shy to stand next to me and take photo in Universal Studios wuwuwuwuw). He felt bad for just buying chocolates for me so as a form of apology, he exchanged his pink wrist-rest with my baby blue wrist-rest wtf. haha he so cute.


#6 The Christmas tree at home! All the gifts below the Christmas tree are REAL gifts not empty wrapped shoe boxes okay! I was thinking to myself next time if I have my own house and I would do my own Christmas tree and if nobody give me anything I'll just wrap empty shoe boxes and pretend I have many friends wtf.


#7 My nephew insist that I take his K1 end of the year concert photo so there you go.

Sigh. Don't all of us just love Christmas??

No Christmas like Orchard, really. The whole Orchard road was decorated with lights and every mall throws out their best and largest Christmas trees. Put all the other Christmas trees outside of SG to shame wtf. I'll probably be going to Orchard on Christmas day (not looking forward to the crowd though) coz I need to take photos of Orchard!

My favorite-st Christmas song is Feliz Navidad since I was young. Christmas songs are all really nice right. Makes you feel in the mood then everyone start dreaming of snow and shit like that. Not like the Chinese New Year all loud Dong Dong Chiang adoi pening.




Have a Merry Merry Christmas 2010, readers!

I wish you all get what you want from Santa!

4 comments:

WOW, the christmas tress at home is so nice! the gifts are all bought by Pat and Elaine??? I am here in US but don't have Christmas gifts, Christmas tree or parties. HOW COME HUH???

you have lots of Santa la,i lost count by the end of the reading.and your department sounds super fun!

Why is "snow" and "shit" in the same sentence?!!??!?! Hahahaha... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!~

Candy: YA Pat put up the Xmas tree. All the gifts are elaine's! ALL her friends actually did the gift exchange without parties!

Jia: Nola. 1 only :( both boxes of chocolates from the same person :(

XiaoWei: Merry Christmas & Happy new Year!!! Have a great great next year ok!

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More