Tweet

Pages

Thoughts from 2010.

Every little thing written is bound to offend someone. Everything written here is about me. Not you. Read with an open mind, not a sensitive heart.

In 2 days I will be flying off to Taiwan for a great 10 days trip round the country and shouting Happy New Year 2011 at Taipei 101. Exciting much?

Last year I was damn gung-ho I wrote a full piece of what I did here. Until now I don't understand where I find all the time and energy to actually put all the puzzle together into a nice piece. This year maybe I've aged or what but I have the intention to write just kept delaying it and today I finally decided not to wtf. Fret not, this is temporary only. When 2011 comes, I'll respin the wheel and blog as things happened.

2009 was a big travel year. That was also because I have bigger plans and thus wanted to make full use of my remaining annual leaves and flexibility/freedom of the previous job to travel around. A total of 3 travel months in a year. Thank you ex-boss for approving me.

Part of 2009 was spent studying, taking exams and mailing out university applications. After serious consideration and plenty of $$ calculation I decided to forgo the acceptance so I won't be in great debt after I graduate. After grumbling and sighing for the last 5 years I have finally took the big step and made a change.

2010 was a significant year for me.

First half of the 2010 year was busy coming up with brilliant resume (*cough* as if) and looking for jobs.

Second half of the year was spent saying goodbyes, moving house, settling down, starting a new job.

Many I know took a break in between jobs to go around. I had my last day on Friday and started new job on Monday. Barely have time to breathe. In the midst of getting to know the country, how things work here, getting to know new colleagues, rebuilt burnt bridge with old friends, I've had my share of down times. Things moved too fast that before I realize it, there was a few months where I was extremely depressed. All the new things. All the new environments. I just couldn't get used to it. I'm never a person who can accept change well.

It's not easy. Trust me. Nothing in life is easy anyway.

But it turned out to be a good change. First I'm really glad I'm out of that shithole where money is always a problem. I'm not saying money is not a problem now, just that I can see more light wtf and half way out of the tunnel. More importantly, I'm totally out of debt. Citibank you can stop calling me now about late fees and interest charges wtf. I've also learnt a great deal here. Learning to be humble and accepting new things and changes all over again. Exposed to more things in this new vibrant busy city. Picked up new hobby. Spent more time with family. I've toughened up a great deal and I'll take whatever obstacles thrown my way with ease *flips hair. I'm secretly glad I am not sitting in the same place when new year comes and sighing about how my year never changed.

I used to make a long list of resolutions that never happened. But at least this year I made one big thing came true and doing something for my future. So I won't be making unrealistic far-fetched resolutions like losing 5 kgs (was in the list the past 5 years but never happened) anymore.

If I can make ONE resolution, it would be for me to see things more optimistically in the new year and replenish everything that I think have been broken.

Happy New Year 2011. May the new year be filled with nothing but sugar and spice and all things nice.

2 comments:

Looks like you have a progressive 2010, I wonder if i achieve anything this year except for my weight that keep increasing!!

anyway, happy holiday and happy new year!

Jia: Not much done except changing jobs. other aspect of life, is still going through changes :) you look just fine! i cant understand how u can even be near called fat. Happy New Year Jia! May the new year be better for u and me.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More