Tweet

Pages

Upset.

Few days ago, I posted

In 2 days I will be flying off to Taiwan for a great 10 days trip round the country and shouting Happy New Year 2011 at Taipei 101. Exciting much?

Now is the "2 days" already. And I'm still here in Malaysia typing this.

My flight was 10am this morning. Woke up at 6.30am, caught a bus from Sentral to LCCT. Happily checking bags in. And looking around for breakfast.

At 9.00am. My passport was stolen.

Police report made. Lost & Found informed. Checked-in bag retrieved. Bought a bus ticket, went to Putrajaya to appeal for new passport. Now pending for lost passport investigation and nothing will be filed until the immigration office opens again on Monday after all the public holiday. Tentatively expected time is 30 days and fastest is 7 days.

No Taiwan. No glorious countdown for an awesome year. Nothing.

Whole day stayed in Putrajaya going around Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara to get a birth cert replacement, Commission of Oath to swear on the truth for the lost passport, Police Station, Immigration Dept, Passport Dept. Going to and fro while crying the whole day.

If I say I am depressed now, that is truly an understatement.

10 comments:

huh!
this is so shocked. I was thinking just now that most of the DA folks must be in taiwan celebrating now.
Joan, i dont know what to say cz i knew you are sure very upset:(

but i hope you do cheer up after that and lets curse the thief who stole your passport!! $%^%^&^*

OMG! Thats awful!!! Sorry to hear that...

sorry to hear that. singapore celebration will be equally awesome i hope. :))

Oh no....!!!

Did you realise that it got stolen at 9am or did someone snatch it from you at 9am???

Don't be upset dear, there's so many more new year's day to look ahead in the future!! You can still celebrate NY at Taipei101 nx time!

Hope you get your passport soon and the thief be caught. In the mean time, count down in SIngapore.. It will be as nice ;)Cheer up

Jia: ya most of the DA is indeed enjoying and having the time of their life counting down in taipei 101...except me :( i am really very sedih ler but thanks!

Jes: IT IS AWFUL :( I couldn't stop crying!

ZongLi: I can't get out of the country now. I'm in Malaysia. The passport was lost in lCCT after I check in for Taiwan!

Cath: *hug back*

Xiao Wei: My bf went to toilet with both our passports and left it there. after that remember go in already hilang. Sigh. I guess even go there again wont have same feeling. different crowd. Hard to stay positive!

PikLay: I can't get out of the country and all the public holidays are over! Can't even go back to Singapore..

*hugsssssssssssssssssssssssss*

dun worry... bad things happen to good people all the time...

at least the passport's all that is stolen... u are still alive and kicking...

go have a kickass countdown and usher in the new year....

hope that the thief will get caught.

Sorry to read this. Seems like this will be the last badluck moment for 2010.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More