Tweet

Pages

Bangkok Part III

Part I and II.

Don't ask me why Step looks so thin in the previous post. I also don't know why haha angle I guess. As for me, true enough at that time I was still pretty slim. Why would you think I photoshopped it? I wish I knew photoshop have you seen my previous attempt? And to think that I'm such a lazy blogger you think I'd bother to go photoshop it wtf

What an insult to ask me why both of us look thin in the previous post. Sigh. Can you guys just please be decent and stop giving nasty comments. What have I done to you to deserve this man.

Anyway

After massage the boy brought me down the street to this Bar/Restaurant. Can't remember the name but I think it's Flip or something. I was quite reluctant because I was quite tired and smelly and all but he assured me it's gonna be fun so I just followed along.

Turns out IT'S REALLY VERY FUN. Although I got conned with the "bar/restaurant" thing cause it obviously is a club. It's packed with Thai youngsters and the music is OMG SO GOOD. They have the normal clubbing music you find in Malaysia clubs, but then they have like an hour of Thai live band every 2 hours or so.

THE BAND IS GOOD. TRUST ME. cough and the lead singer and guitarist and bass Thai guys are very good looking cough very cute cough. Haha really wan. Step quite tulan with me coz I don't care about him anymore in the club I was looking at the band with awe wtf. But really, the music is DAMN GOOD. It makes me wanna buy their CD rightaway if they sell it there. They played it so well the whole club is dancing to them. Not like the time we went to Hard Rock Bali also live band but sucks shit.


#1 Flip. Please remember to go if you're ever near King Park Avenue Hotel in Bangkok. You'll never regret it. It's one of the best clubs I've been to.

We then took a cab back to the hotel and reached past midnight. Woke up around 10 something the next morning. Took a BTS to Central World.


#2 On Nut Station. Across the street from hotel lobby. Extremely near and convenient for us. But don't know why I look so tulan.

Had lunch opposite it at one of the mall can't remember the name.


#3 Fried Rice. Nothing special.


#4 TomYam Kung. Nothing to shout about.

The purpose we went to that area is so that I can go to the Erawan Shrine and pay my respect to the famous four faced Buddha of Erawan Shrine. Many who went said that their prayers are answered. My eldest sister brought me there once and I prayed wrongly because you're supposed to pray to all 4 sides but I only pray to 1 side. No wonder my prayers never came true haha.


#5 Very determined to get it correct this time. I bought the offerings for around 50 BHT.

Erawan Shrine is located opposite Central World at the junction of Ratchadamri Road and PloenChit Road. You wont' miss it because it's right outside Grant Hyatt Erawan Hotel and it's always packed. There was a demented man who destroyed the shrine in 2006 and it was said that the locals beat him to death. That just shows how important the shrine is to the locals.


#6 I wanted to force Step to make his offerings also haha but he refused to even go near.


#7 The Erawan Shrine literally has 4 face. So you have to divide your joss sticks into 4 and pray to all 4 sides.


#8 HUAT AH!!!!!! hahahaha


#9 Then you put the yellow flowers that came as a package with the joss sticks at the railings.

It was said that if your prayers are answered, you have to go back to the Shrine and give your offerings again. There will be a bunch of Thai dancers beside this shrine. You can hire them to dance to the God for you. The prices range from 250 BHT to 700 BHT depending on how many dancers you hired.


#10 We walked across the street and saw some people there filming.


#11 Bangkok street from the overhead bridge.


#12 You can find plenty of hawkers at the road side selling coconut and orange juices and sugar canes because the weather is quite terrible. Thailand fruits are generally sweeter than ours. I wonder why. They sell the sugar canes and oranges and other fruits in bottles which is like 10 BHT for 1 bottle.


#13 We couldnt' decide where to go for lunch so we took the BTS and back to MBK food court. haha told you the food court is one of the best we had. I ordered the Fried Chicken AGAIN coz it's so crispy I couldn't live without it.


#14 We then took the Tuk Tuk to....I forgot where wtf. He wanted to charge quite high. We bargained and he said if we're willing to go to one of the shops he bring us to then he will charge us cheaper. He said it doesn't matter if we buy anything from there as long as we go in and take a look. So we said okay. No harm anyway.


#15 Turns out it's one Tailor made suit shop. I threw Step to entertain them haha.


#16 Went back hotel to shower.


#17 Walked around MBK and Step insisted to try out this sizzling pan shop right outside of the MBK cinema.


#18 We ordered the black pepper chicken. It came uncooked so you have to quickly fry the thing while the pan is hot.


#19 He's a happy boy when he gets to eat.


#20 Quite reluctant to try coz I just had Fried Chicken.


#21 Smells delicious. I'm tempted.


#22 Verdict: Quite nice! I like.


#23 Then we went to this Bakery at the ground floor of MBK outside the groceries.


#24 I Love Chocolate promotion. This chocolate twisted bread with cheese on top is very nice.


#25 I also bought the Choc Chip danish for breakfast the next day.


#26 Waited while the boy tries out the Billabong board shorts in the mall.

We didn't have any plans for the day besides going to Erawan Shrine. So we spent the day lazing around walking here and there and then food food food haha.

I'll finish the rest of the day in Part IV. XOXO.


MBK Center

444 Payathai Road,

Patumwan,

Bangkok, Thailand.

http://www.mbk-center.co.th/th/

(+660) 2620-9000

1 comments:

you are tempting me to buy a ticket and fly there someday. :D

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More